C3 Tech/Performance V8 Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Basic Tech and Maintenance for the C3 Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Header installation nearly complete / electrical problem?

Search this Thread

Old 03-08-2003, 08:18 PM
shotgun_000
Safety Car

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Header installation nearly complete / electrical problem?

I spent about 4-hours today removing the old manifolds, and installing the Dynomax headers. The headers are now in place, and I only need to connect the collectors to my pipes to be finished with them. :party:

In addition, tomorrow I have to re-install the starter, AC compressor, dipstick, plug wires, and spark plugs.

I connected the battery just long enough so that I could roll the power windows up for the night. But, the only thing that has power when I connect the battery is the radio. The gauges don't function, lights, etc.

Did I screw something up? Does the starter have anything to do with it?
I didn't hear or see any sparks, smoke, or anything else unusual. What should I check?

Thanks for any comments or suggestion :cheers:
Old 03-08-2003, 08:23 PM
PatsLs1vette
Le Mans Master

Received 15 Likes on 12 Posts

Default Re: Header installation nearly complete / electrical problem? (shotgun_000)

go hook your starter up,the main power feed goes to the big post on the starter and the battery cable feeds that.thats whay your not getting any power into the car.

[Modified by patsnitrovette, 8:24 PM 3/8/2003]
Old 03-08-2003, 08:29 PM
shotgun_000
Safety Car

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Header installation nearly complete / electrical problem? (patsnitrovette)

go hook your starter up,the main power feed goes to the big post on the starter and the battery cable feeds that.thats whay your not getting any power into the car.
patsnitrovette
:jester

Thanks, I feel much better now. I just knew I screwed something up :lol:

I plan to spend an hour or two tomorrow, and I should be ready to fire it up :cheers:

Get notified of new replies

To Header installation nearly complete / electrical problem?

Quick Reply: Header installation nearly complete / electrical problem?