C3 Tech/Performance V8 Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Basic Tech and Maintenance for the C3 Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Advice Needed: Window Electric Motor

Search this Thread

Old 03-08-2003, 06:41 PM
jwatty
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Advice Needed: Window Electric Motor

Looks like the electric motor for my 82's driver door has given up the ghost. My question is where is the best place to get a replacement and do I have to change the motor and gear drive or do they come separate where I can only change the motor without disconnecting the window from the drive box? Any advice would be appreciate?
Old 03-08-2003, 11:28 PM
white76
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Re: Advice Needed: Window Electric Motor (jwatty)

I replaced my window motor about 2 years ago. I bought one from Mid America. No problems so far. You can use your old gear as long as it is in good shape. The hardest part about the job is getting the window regulator detached from the window and out of the door. I have a Haynes manual that explains the process fairly well. One more thing the requlator gear needs to be held in position before you remove the old motor because it is spring loaded. The Haynes manual explains how to do this. Hope I answered some of your questions.
Old 03-09-2003, 11:23 AM
J75
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Advice Needed: Window Electric Motor (jwatty)

Not sure about yours,but I've changed the motor on my 75 through the access opening in the door.With window fully up,clamped the regulator with vise grips,removed three bolts and pulled the motor out.Reversed for install.
Old 03-09-2003, 10:17 PM
jwatty
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Re: Advice Needed: Window Electric Motor (J75)

Thanks ....

Get notified of new replies

To Advice Needed: Window Electric Motor

Quick Reply: Advice Needed: Window Electric Motor