C3 Tech/Performance V8 Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Basic Tech and Maintenance for the C3 Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Cleaning Aluminum Rims with a Dremel.

Search this Thread

Old 03-08-2003, 05:18 PM
dukvet76
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Cleaning Aluminum Rims with a Dremel.

Just picked up my AR TTII's and there's alot of pitting on the rims. I picked up a dremel and played around with a few of the attachments, and thus far am not happy. What attachments have you guys used to remove the pitting marks from the rims? Also, how did the progress go with polishing them with a dremel. Should I go pick up a B&D Mouse instead?
Old 03-08-2003, 06:02 PM
PatG
Burning Brakes

Default Re: Cleaning Aluminum Rims with a Dremel. (dukvet76)

I have used a dremmel sander (not the rotaty tool) for doing the rough work on wheels. I comes with about 20 contour tips for sanding all sorts of shapes. Use it with 400 grit to remove scratches and nicks. Follow up with 600 or 800 and then polish. Some people use finer grit but I found that after 600 you can buff with rouge to a nice shine and then finish by hand with mothers or something similar.
Old 03-09-2003, 04:45 AM
Magnum '82
Racer

Default Re: Cleaning Aluminum Rims with a Dremel. (dukvet76)

A little dremel rotary tool for wheels??? That is like washing an elephant with a toothbrush. Do yourself a favor and buy an automotive type buffer or random orbit sander.

Get notified of new replies

To Cleaning Aluminum Rims with a Dremel.

Quick Reply: Cleaning Aluminum Rims with a Dremel.