C3 Tech/Performance V8 Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Basic Tech and Maintenance for the C3 Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

rear logo and gears?

Search this Thread

Old 03-07-2003, 08:56 PM
HcDave1
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default rear logo and gears?

i just bought a rear bumber logo now i need to know how to install it i put it in and i couldnt see the pins?

and i have rear end grinding till i hit 2 and 3 gear i got a quote from the corvette shop that to get my gears rebuilt is going to cost 1,200 any advice becuase i dont have that kind of money right now?
Old 03-08-2003, 10:25 AM
Binnie77
Drifting

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Default Re: rear logo and gears? (HcDave1)

It is not as difficult to replace this emblem as it may appear. The replacement of this emblem is not documented in the GM service manual that I am aware of. The easiest way to install this emblem is to remove the aluminum bracket on top of the inside rear bumper that blocks access to the emblem nuts. There are a couple of sheet metal screws and two bolts holding this bracket on. You will see the two screws which are easy to get out. In order to access the two nuts you will need to remove your license plate and then four screws behind the plate that hold the bumper cover on. This will allow the bumper cover to move back far enough for you to get a long socket extension up to remove the two nuts holding the bracket on. You will see two slots in the bumper cover that line up with these bolts for the socket and long extension to go up through. Once you have the bracket off it is a piece of cake....you will have easy access to the nuts holding the emblem. Just make sure you have enough 3/8" drive extensions before you start...two 8" will do it.

Quick Reply: rear logo and gears?