C3 Tech/Performance V8 Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Basic Tech and Maintenance for the C3 Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Gassed up the Vette this morning,just couldn't wait any longer.

Search this Thread

Old 03-07-2003, 09:34 AM
The Money Pit
Melting Slicks

Received 96 Likes on 80 Posts

Default Gassed up the Vette this morning,just couldn't wait any longer.

For the past month I've been looking forward to a clear day to drive the Vette,but it's been snowing,raining,freezing,calling for storms.etc.
Finally drove in to work with it this morning,and since the distributer recurve I hadn't driven it,it felt different.
Throttle response,the lack of peddle you need to get it going, the effortless cruise speed,all quite different. The trouble is I've been driving the friggin Olds so long,I've forgotten what the Vette used to feel like.
There does seem to be a slight part throttle ping after the car have been run for about 25 miles,so I guess more tweaking is an order.May have to back down the initial timing a few degrees,or play with the vacuum advance can a bit.
With a war almost certain to come soon,I had to get in a tank of gas before the prices goes through the roof. :auto:
Old 03-07-2003, 10:12 AM
Wrencher
Safety Car

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Default Re: Gassed up the Vette this morning,just couldn't wait any longer. (The Money Pit)

Yep, sounds like just a slight reduction in initial will do it. Where is it now? Also, how much total do you have? Getting timing all in as quickly as possible is one of the easiest ways to get that off the line grunt out of an engine there is!

Gotta agree on the gas thing. I didn't drive my Suburban much anyway, but now it's parked with a full tank. If I'm gonna burn gas needlessly, it's gonna be in the 'vette!

Hans

[Modified by Wrencher, 7:12 AM 3/7/2003]
Old 03-07-2003, 11:02 AM
The Money Pit
Melting Slicks

Received 96 Likes on 80 Posts

Default Re: Gassed up the Vette this morning,just couldn't wait any longer. (Wrencher)

I'm at 10 degrees initial and 36 total in by 3500,which seems a bit high,but thats with the lightest springs that came in the recurve kit.
I've run it at 8 degrees before and I feel it had more low end then than it does now at 10,as well as a much nastier idle. I think I'll back her down to 8 this weekend! Gotta like nasty! :reddevil

Get notified of new replies

To Gassed up the Vette this morning,just couldn't wait any longer.

Quick Reply: Gassed up the Vette this morning,just couldn't wait any longer.