C3 Tech/Performance V8 Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Basic Tech and Maintenance for the C3 Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Block Hugger Hooker Headers

Search this Thread

Old 03-06-2003, 09:31 PM
zschunky
4th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Block Hugger Hooker Headers

Hi!

I'm planning to get a true dual exhaust package from midamerica for my 80 vette but I would like to get the 82 version of it because it has a 2 1/2" inlet.
My questions is now: Could I use Block Hugger headers from hooker (http://www.holley.com/HiOctn/ProdLin.../BlockHug.html) with this without any modifications of the exhaust pipe itself? If not are there any other aftermarket headers out which I can use without any modifications on the exhaust pipe?

thanks a lot

-zschunky
Old 03-06-2003, 09:43 PM
desi
Melting Slicks

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Re: Block Hugger Hooker Headers (zschunky)

Hi there,
I was wondering the same for my 74. But then i decided to put hooker ceramic coated headers on..... I plan on getting a reducer from 3" to 2" that would connect to the middle pipe. I am not modifying the current pipe. Such an extension should not cost that much. You can buy reducers from most auto store...if not have an exhuast shop make one for you. I don't think block hugger would give you the same performance as full lenght headers...

I will post some pics once I have them on (April)

Good luck. :cheers:
Old 03-10-2003, 05:48 PM
The Money Pit
Melting Slicks

Received 96 Likes on 80 Posts

Performance gains from the huggers wouldn't be worth the expense,and the plug wire clearance is tighter with the huggers than with standard Hooker Comps.
I'm running MAD's stainless dual setup,modified slightly to connect to the ceramic coated Hooker Comp headers.Had to drop the exhaust 3 or 4 times now,and believe me the stainless is worth the money. No rusted bolts anywhere. :yesnod:
Old 03-10-2003, 09:51 PM
78Vette-SA
Le Mans Master

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I don't know if this will help at all but here's a pic of the engine in my 34 Ford with Block Huggers on it. I changed the plugs yesterday. Wasn't that bad but it's tricky. Had to use a socket with an open end wrench on the end of it for some and a box-end with an offset for others. Didn't take that long though but I wasn't bent over a vette fender. Also had to get a couple form underneath.

Passenger Side

Drivers Side:
Old 03-10-2003, 09:57 PM
Corey_68
Team Owner

Received 391 Likes on 237 Posts

Default Re: Block Hugger Hooker Headers (78Vette-SA)

Rams horns are about as close to block hugger headers as you can get. You may pick up 5hp, anything beyond that and I would be surprised.

Get notified of new replies

To Block Hugger Hooker Headers

Quick Reply: Block Hugger Hooker Headers