C3 Tech/Performance V8 Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Basic Tech and Maintenance for the C3 Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Jim Glass Corvettes

Search this Thread

Old 03-05-2003, 08:56 AM
Gary Buff
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Jim Glass Corvettes

Anybody buy a Vette from them? Good/bad experience? Prices?

Thanks.
Old 03-05-2003, 09:08 AM
James
Burning Brakes

Default Re: Jim Glass Corvettes (Gary Buff)

Funny that you ask this question.
I bought a 1969 corvette convertible 5 years ago. (Not from him)
That year I saw a nice corvette calendar and bought it too.
Hung it in my cube at work. Turned to one month and there was a 1969 convertible corvette. On the bottom of the picture it said Jim Glass Corvettes.
The thing that makes this weird is that my name is Jim Glass.
No relation though. Man I have messed with some people on that one.
Yeah check it out my vette made this calendar. He does have a website and sells some nice cars it looks like.
Old 03-05-2003, 01:01 PM
81ZZ4
Burning Brakes

Default Re: Jim Glass Corvettes (James)

Well..I had to use him when I blew the half shaft out of my 81 after putting in the ZZ4. Shaft went through the floor and broke my battery. An ugly day :nonod:
Jim did a great job. His showroom is sweet and his mechanics do great work.

His cars are all cherry. He gets top dollar but its all done professionally.
http://www.jimglasscorvette.com
Old 03-05-2003, 10:40 PM
78Vette-SA
Le Mans Master

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Default Re: Jim Glass Corvettes (81ZZ4)

You may want to read:
http://home.hvc.rr.com/joesvette/corvette_lust.htm

He's a been in business for over 25 years. My experience with him was a costly one for me. I know others with similar experience.

On the other hand, I have heard good things from others also. Personally, although he has some of the nicest cars around, knowing what I know now, they are way overpriced and I would not purchase another Vette from him.

Although I think he's a nice guy, being an inexperienced newbie, I paid the price. I blame myself for most of it. But I also feel he should have done more to help me out when I bought mine.

My .02
Old 03-08-2003, 10:43 AM
DADS8T2
Instructor

Default Re: Jim Glass Corvettes (Gary Buff)

I visited there a number of times, back when I was looking for a C3. Frankly, while most of his cars--at least IN the showroom were perfecto--the one's OUTSIDE were not. I found them to be overpriced for the condition of the car. 'course maybe that's why it took me over two years to find a nice C3. At the time I was looking for an L82 4Spd. They weren't real helpful, either, as they were more interested in selling the C1s and 2s.
I wound up "settling" for an 82 Crossfire car, that I travelled to County Corvette in PA for. THEY, by the way, are excellent. Treated me very well. Also a bit overpriced, but I think you're going to get that with a dealer. I may have paid a little more, but I got a "1-2" car, with all documentation, and would not hesitate to do business with them again (even though it's a drive).
Depending on where you are, you may want to check out Prestige (up in the albany area or Conte's down in Jersey. They've both got beautys! and they all have web sites.
Good Luck!

Get notified of new replies

To Jim Glass Corvettes

Quick Reply: Jim Glass Corvettes