C3 Tech/Performance V8 Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Basic Tech and Maintenance for the C3 Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Need info B4 new project

Search this Thread

Old 03-05-2003, 06:25 AM
metal tech
Racer

Received 33 Likes on 28 Posts

Default Need info B4 new project

I'm contemplating my next project, a roadrace style car. A C3 is one of my ideas but need to pick your brains for insight. Brakes, is there anything available that is a match for the 13" & 14" offerings from Baer that won't cause me to start robbing banks? The seperate frame makes any frame mod question irrelevant. Can the T-Tops really be leakfree? I've always liked to looks of the C3 body and being fiberglass it is easier to work with than a unibody car. My other choices are the 70-73 Camaro, 82-92 Camaro & C4.

Thanks, Al
Old 03-05-2003, 06:58 AM
groovyjay
Le Mans Master

Received 169 Likes on 91 Posts

Default Re: Need info B4 new project (metal tech)

Hi there and welcome to the forum. I think I could answer some of your questions here. I've been building my car to be a proper Pro Touring and I've done my share of research for the brakes and stuff. Baer can't help you! I was in talks with them last week, and only thing you can get from them are the caliber and the outer rotors, this leaves you to fabricate the inner rotors (hats/hubs) and the caliber brakets. There's one guy on the forum currently doing a C5 brake conversion on his early shark, but it still don't have 14" rotors if that's what you are after. You've very limited choices when it comes to improving your C3 brakes, you can get Wilwood or Brembo calibers and use your stock rotors. The choices gets even slimmer if you want to go for big rotors. Your two choices are Mov'it and Precision Brakes. I've got quotes from both company's and all I can say is that PB quote was twice the one I got from Mov'it! If you want to hear about the prices let me know, I can email'em to you.
I'm getting 15" 2-piece rotors and 6-piston monoblock calibers for front and 13" 2-piece rotors and 4-piston monoblock calibers for rear.

As for frame modifications, take the body of, seem weld the whole frame, this makes the frame 100% stiffer, use poly body mounts and oly bushings every where. There's also the tubular A-arms and mono leafs to improve the handling, plus the Steeroids Rack n Pinon kit.

Check out my site for what I've been doing to my car. :cheers:

Quick Reply: Need info B4 new project