C3 Tech/Performance V8 Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Basic Tech and Maintenance for the C3 Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Hydratech Braking Question

Search this Thread

Old 03-04-2003, 10:59 PM
PROSOUTH
Drifting

Location: Manchester, Dead Center in the Middle of TN 25 miles to Jack Daniels,10 miles to Geo Dickle, and .8 mile from the Liquor Store at I-24 Exit 114
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
St. Jude Donor '05

Default Hydratech Braking Question

I am planning on using your system on my '80 along with a conversion to a Jeep Grand Cherokee steering box that 71 Roadster and I have been working on. I know it will plumb in with our combo without many problems.

I checked your FAQ's and didn't see an answer to my question on your site. Is there advantage to using the Nitrogen ? is it used from the factory?is it worth the extra expense, what safety issue is the deciding factor? Thanks Jim
Old 03-04-2003, 11:53 PM
Paul in Warren
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: Hydratech Braking Question (PROSOUTH)

Jim - the system will plumb right in with your steering gearbox without even breaking a sweat, though the line lengths will have to be much shorter and different fittings would be supplied to accomodate your setup. I could easily supply you with over length lines that are only finished on the assist unit end, you could then easily finish the lines as needed for this combo by hand, using common shop tools.

The accumulator bottle is actually a very simple device. It utilizes a high pressure nitrogen charge against a slide piston in the accumulator "bottle", controlled by a check valve, to store pressurized ps fluid for use in an engine stall condition. If your engine stalls, or in the unlikely event of a ps belt breakage, the stored up pressurized ps fluid is utilized to provide power brake assist. It stores up enough pressurized fluid to supply 2-3 assisted applications of the brake after a power loss, similar to how a vacuum booster would operate. Once the stored pressures are depleted, you will find the system will function like a manual brake. The minute you start the engine again, the accumulator "charges back up" by storing pressurized ps fluid again - ready to go for next time! ALL hydroboost systems produced after 1985 were equipped with the accumulator system...

We are in the process of updating our website FAQ section, and are radically revamping the products page to include almost triple the current applications! Much expanded popular musclecar listings! One of the key changes you will notice is that we are no longer marketing the Level I systems. The models without the accumulators were of an earlier design that had some inherent flaws, most notably the lack of the accumulator.

If you have any further questions, feel free to call us ! :flag

Also, please keep in mind that all CF members are eligible to enjoy a 10% discount! :cool: You must call in your order though to recieve your discount.

Quick Reply: Hydratech Braking Question