C3 Tech/Performance V8 Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Basic Tech and Maintenance for the C3 Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Monty about your sway bar?

Search this Thread

Old 03-04-2003, 08:05 PM
norvalwilhelm
Race Director

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Default Monty about your sway bar?

First congratulations on your new daughter.
I have dicided to hell with the ride and will install stiffer springs front and back along with a bigger sway bar and shocks.
Coleman a local supplier sells Speedway tubular sway bars, the same as yours. They are all 1 1/4 inch od but wall thickness varies from .125 to 2.50. I don't know which wall thickness to start with? I will install 460 pound springs in the front. I don't want the lower riding height of the 550. I have a deep oil pan and it clears the road by about 3 inches. I don't want to lower the car much. I know that monty carlo springs also fit the car and they come in higher rates so I could also go that route and custom cut to get the ride height I want along with the rate.
What did you start with for wall thickness of your bar and how long did you buy. My frame dimensions are about 36.5 inches and they recommend 3 inches longer then the outside of the frame but again center to center of my mounting points is 36 inches so I am thinking about getting a 37 inch bar.
Any help in this area would be appreciated.
Thanks Monty or anyone else who has experience with this bar.

Quick Reply: Monty about your sway bar?