C3 Tech/Performance V8 Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Basic Tech and Maintenance for the C3 Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

(2) Damaged Centerforce II pressure plates!

Search this Thread

Old 03-04-2003, 07:17 PM
spokewrench
Pro

Received 58 Likes on 12 Posts

Default (2) Damaged Centerforce II pressure plates!

I ordered a pressure plate, clutch and throw out bearing from Summit last week so that I could install my new 385 crate engine last weekend. I open the
box of the pressure plate and find that it was a installed and removed return :mad :mad , So then I start noticing nicks and gouges on the machined surfaces and on the outer edge the plate looked like it was struck with something that caused a 3/16" bump on the machined side :mad :mad So I had planned the whole weekend to install the motor and now that all changed, so I call Summit and they overnight a new one, So I open this one up and it indeed was never used or opened, I then start to inspect the machined surface and I find that it is just slightly better than the last! :mad :mad Back on the phone with Summit, I tell them no more Centerforce send me a Hays Street / strip clutch set up! They said no problem and are over nighting this one and also picking up all this Centerforce stuff no charge tommorrow- Maybe this will help others not waste as much time as I have on this B.S. This is the reason I always try to stick with O.E.M. but my chevy dealer says that they discontinued these parts!
Old 03-04-2003, 07:43 PM
Sigforty
Le Mans Master

Received 275 Likes on 232 Posts
Cruise-In IX Veteran

Default Re: (2) Damaged Centerforce II pressure plates! (spokewrench)

You should not be disappointed with the Hays unit. I have their street strip diaphram clutch on the back of my zz4. The clutch is nice and has given me no problems so far.

Quick Reply: (2) Damaged Centerforce II pressure plates!