C3 Tech/Performance V8 Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Basic Tech and Maintenance for the C3 Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Anyone use Performance Chevy in Az for AFR heads?

Search this Thread

Old 03-04-2003, 03:45 PM
71roadster
Burning Brakes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Anyone use Performance Chevy in Az for AFR heads?

If so and you recieved hand finished heads when you were under the impression you were to receive regular CNC heads, give Tony at AFR a call. He wants to know about it.

I ordered heads thru them and it turned into a major fiasco. I won't go into until I get all my money back, but if you had a problem, let Tony at AFR know about it.

Chris
Old 03-04-2003, 10:38 PM
cardo0
Le Mans Master

Received 373 Likes on 356 Posts

Default Re: Anyone use Performance Chevy in Az for AFR heads? (71roadster)

Sorry Chris but I had very good luck with Performance Chevy. They did such a professional job pocket porting my Torquer S/R heads for only $100 over base/stock price. They used a machine cutter under the valve seat then hand blended this cut into the bowls. Could not feel a lip anywhere but I could see the shiny areas where metal was removed. They used a cutter to unshroud the valves too! :D
I've seen stock S/R torquers on the self and they look like junk compared to mine and only $100 difference. Painted my color @ no charge also.
Only dissapointment was they came with stock o-ring seals and I had to put umbrella seals on myself. :eek:
Sounds like maybe they'r hand porting and assemblying the castings to save a few $$. Sorry to hear of your dispute and I hope for a happy ending as I plan to continue using thier products. :sad:
Old 03-05-2003, 02:40 AM
Desertdawg
Race Director

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
St. Jude Donor '09

Default Re: Anyone use Performance Chevy in Az for AFR heads? (71roadster)

I have never used them, but I remember some friends talking about them, and they were happy with their service.
Maybe you just ordered on a monday.

Get notified of new replies

To Anyone use Performance Chevy in Az for AFR heads?

Quick Reply: Anyone use Performance Chevy in Az for AFR heads?