C3 Tech/Performance V8 Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Basic Tech and Maintenance for the C3 Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Hood Adjustment

Search this Thread

Old 03-03-2003, 04:48 PM
l2vette
Melting Slicks

Received 226 Likes on 167 Posts

Default Hood Adjustment

I am in the process of installing a LT-1 hood on my '72 Shark. Can anyone give any pointers on the installation and adjustment?? Any help would be appreciated!
:cheers:
Old 03-04-2003, 01:45 PM
l2vette
Melting Slicks

Default Re: Hood Adjustment (l2vette)

Anyone??
Old 03-04-2003, 02:30 PM
sb69coupe
Melting Slicks

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Default Re: Hood Adjustment (l2vette)

If it's a new hood that's never been on that particular car, you're just gonna have to do it by feel, and trial and error. You need a helper so you can get the hood up and on the hinges. Go ahead and attach the hood support and leave the hinge bolts snug, but somewhat loose. Slowly lower the hood and look at the spacing as the front edges of the hood come up to the front surround. You'll probably have to make a few passes at this until you get the adjustment on the hinges correct. You need to be adjusting the bolts that hold the hood to the hinge, leaving the hinge in place on the inner fender.

Once you get the front gaps and side gaps correct, then you get to align the latches. I can't help there, since I've never messed with the latches on my car.

Hope this helps,
Shannon
Old 03-05-2003, 02:27 PM
l2vette
Melting Slicks

Default Re: Hood Adjustment (sb69coupe)

Thanks for your help, I'm hoping that the new hood is does not need any shaving to get the right fit.
:chevy

Get notified of new replies

To Hood Adjustment

Quick Reply: Hood Adjustment