C3 Tech/Performance V8 Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Basic Tech and Maintenance for the C3 Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

corvettes and ebay.....

Search this Thread

Old 03-02-2003, 10:44 PM
ZiVvmO
Melting Slicks

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default corvettes and ebay.....

there are more corvettes on ebay than any other chevy model......why? :confused:

just seems strange to me.

[Modified by ZiVvmO, 9:44 PM 3/2/2003]
Old 03-03-2003, 09:56 AM
Alwyn678
Team Owner

Received 142 Likes on 125 Posts

Default Re: corvettes and ebay..... (ZiVvmO)

Cause People consistently OVERPAY on E-Bay.......Best place to get the MOST money
Old 03-03-2003, 10:50 AM
Edzred72
Le Mans Master

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Default Re: corvettes and ebay..... (Alwyn678)

Cause People consistently OVERPAY on E-Bay.......Best place to get the MOST money
:iagree: :iagree: :iagree: :iagree: You can get Tip top buck for junk!
Eddie
Old 03-03-2003, 12:57 PM
BeachinVette
Drifting

I just sold my 76 on ebay. This is why I put in on ebay.
1. it is cheap to list it.
2. I got over 3,000 views in 7 day's
3.I had it for sale in my yard for 3 months NOBODY stopped to look at it.

Although ebay does bring top money or way over money. My car sold for $900.00 less than what I really wanted to take for it. It was a quick sale.

Bob
Old 03-03-2003, 01:42 PM
pws69
Melting Slicks

Received 40 Likes on 30 Posts

Default Re: corvettes and ebay..... (Alwyn678)

Couldn't agree more. EBay has become a sucker trap!

I sent an EMail to a guy who was advertising new Corvette parts as NOS and he sent me back an EMail lecturing on the penalties of spammin people on Ebay!!! My mistake was that I thought it was an innocent mistake on his part and I was trying to give him a heads-up - but when I looked deeper (after he slammed me), that is apparently his game - and he sells tons of stuff!!!!
Old 03-03-2003, 02:37 PM
hudman
Racer

Default Re: corvettes and ebay..... (pws69)

From my perspective, some C3's go for way more than they should, while others do not. More specifically, there have been some very nice NOM BB verts in recent months that did not ever come close to the reserve. They seemed to cap out in the $16-18K range and did not sell. While I realize that this is "market" for this car, these particular examples were nice and I thought would sell.

For example, there was one with a new ZZ502 in it that only bid up to $16K. The motor alone is worth $6K, not to mention some of the accessories that were added. The car looked to be in good shape as well.

To contrast this, if you look on Collector Car Trader Online, there are very few BB verts for anything less than $20K. Even the non matching #'s are in the low $20's. Asking and getting are two different things, but Ebayers seem to want to pay a lot for a fake car and not alot for one that is identified as a NOM car. Perhaps this is just a sign of ignorance as well?
Old 03-03-2003, 03:00 PM
Love My 72 and 77
Drifting

One of my friends asked me the same question and I have thought about it. I think it is the exposure they get and they C3's seem to bring good money. I bought my 72 off Ebay and the seller didnt see some problems with the car and actually gave me $2,000.00 back after I had already got the car home from Virginia to California. I won an auction for NOS parking lights and I emailed the seller and asked two questions to make sure they were NOS before I sent him money and the guy came unglued. I simply told him I won the auction and I want the lights but as he knows some people dont know what they are selling and I want to clear things up before I have to send them back if they are not NOS. He ended up understanding. I hate Ebay I spend way too much money on there

:steering: :steering: :steering:

Get notified of new replies

To corvettes and ebay.....

Quick Reply: corvettes and ebay.....