C3 Tech/Performance V8 Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Basic Tech and Maintenance for the C3 Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Nice to see TireRack helping out on the forum, but...

Search this Thread

Old 03-02-2003, 07:24 PM
Captain Morgan
Le Mans Master

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Cruise-In III Veteran
Cruise-In IV Veteran
Cruise-In V Veteran
Default Nice to see TireRack helping out on the forum, but...

I wish they would have more than just one wheel for the C3 on their site. Oh yeah, most of the C3's are older than 1980 and the body styles are slightly different, so it would be nice to see a 78-79 style, 77-74, 73, and 69-72. The "aerovette" looks quite a bit different than my 79 bubbleback that has no spoilers, and a whole lot different than the chrome bumper cars. I don't want to buy a wheel without knowing how it will look on my car, and it's nice that they have something that will show the wheels on the car. It just doesn't work too well when they only have one option.

Anybody else in agreement? If so, drop TireRack a line and let them know.

Thanks,
Avery
Old 03-02-2003, 07:31 PM
Clink69
Drifting

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Nice to see TireRack helping out on the forum, but... (Captain Morgan)

I thinks this boils down to supply and demand. If we demand it , they will supply it.. :yesnod: They are just testing the waters with one rim..
Old 03-02-2003, 11:59 PM
litevette
Melting Slicks

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Nice to see TireRack helping out on the forum, but... (Clink69)

There's a performance store where I live with a cool computer program. Before I bought my wheels a was able to look at them on this program. You can raise/lower your car, change tire sizes, change colors, and try on every model of whell out there (even if it isn't made for your car) I'm sooo happy with my tire and whell combo thanks to that program. I've seen it in a couple other places too. I agree that tire rack should revamp their system. The program I'm talkin about blows them away. Too bad I don't know the name of the program or I would tell you. Anyway, maybe if you ask around someone else will know. Good Luck!
Old 03-03-2003, 05:43 PM
81vette
Burning Brakes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Re: Nice to see TireRack helping out on the forum, but... (litevette)

I think you can link to that program from the American Racing wheels website.

mark

Get notified of new replies

To Nice to see TireRack helping out on the forum, but...

Quick Reply: Nice to see TireRack helping out on the forum, but...