C3 Tech/Performance V8 Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Basic Tech and Maintenance for the C3 Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Had a question about verifying the integrity of other users of the forum when making purchases.

Search this Thread

Old 03-01-2003, 03:02 AM
luvmy73
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Had a question about verifying the integrity of other users of the forum when making purchases.

Just wanted to ask before I went ahead and posted the names/aliases of other forum members, how I can go about verifying if the person is reputable or not. I am about to purchase some items for one of two individuals, but I have never dealt with them beofre, nor can I remember seeing any other forum members that dealt with them. Although the transaction is only for a few hundred dollars, when I convert that into canadian it becomes like five million (ok not that bad... maybe like 4.5). Any advice on whether this is a good/bad move? Just wanted to know before I went ahead and possibly broke some rule or something.

Thanks!
Old 03-01-2003, 04:41 AM
Maurice
Safety Car

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Re: Had a question about verifying the ...

Check their profile and see how long they have been members along with how many posts they have. You can also search to see topic they have created (current and archive) in all of the sections and see if they have sold stuff before or if they also have friends on the forum. That still doesn't guarantee anything but it will give you some assurance. If you don't remember seeing their name before you might want to IM some of the folks you do see around and see if they have any info or feedback on them. Good luck.
Old 03-01-2003, 08:52 AM
SuperFast80
Race Director

Default Re: Had a question about verifying the integrity of other users of the

IM me their usernames.
Old 03-01-2003, 09:26 AM
Big Fish
Safety Car
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Cruise-In 5-6-7-8-9-11-12 Veteran
A CI-6 Car Show Winner

Default Re: Had a question (luvmy73)

I have made several purchases from forum members, all great transactions. Usually swap a few e-mails back and forth before sending the money and I get a feel if the seller is legitimate. It's too bad there have been a few here that have been burned, but I believe those who would deceive you are a very rare exception.
Old 03-01-2003, 09:38 AM
PatG
Burning Brakes

Default Re: Had a question ...

I usually do a lookup on their info as well to make sure that names match addresses and you can usually get a phone number.

http://www.numberfinder.com/

Another way is to request COD with payment by Money Order only. Very safe for both parties.

Get notified of new replies

To Had a question about verifying the integrity of other users of the forum when making purchases.

Quick Reply: Had a question about verifying the integrity of other users of the forum when making purchases.