C3 Tech/Performance V8 Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Basic Tech and Maintenance for the C3 Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

5-speed, tpi and steeroids... hope it runs

Search this Thread

Old 02-28-2003, 05:57 PM
Fevre
Race Director

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default 5-speed, tpi and steeroids... hope it runs

Man I got some work ahead of me this year. :eek:

Did I mention I am going to replace all my windows and siding then start in the inside of my house.

me :smash:

[Modified by Fevre, 4:58 PM 2/28/2003]

[Modified by Fevre, 4:59 PM 2/28/2003]
Old 02-28-2003, 06:10 PM
burners
Le Mans Master

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Cruise-In IV Veteran
Cruise-In V Veteran

Default Re: 5-speed, tpi and steeroids... hope it runs (Fevre)

That's a bit to do. You're going to have fun and it will be like a new car when you're done. Think about it, FI, overdrive and rack and pinion. That's about every major driveability factor on the car. Keep us updated.
Old 02-28-2003, 06:22 PM
Flareside
Safety Car

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I know the feeling! Right now, I have two rooms in my house ripped out, and I'm getting ready to rip out the kitchen and a bathroom once they're done. It never ends. I did just finish up the heat install in the garage, and a new garage door is being installed on Tuesday, so that's progress...
Old 02-28-2003, 09:08 PM
gdh
Le Mans Master

Received 86 Likes on 69 Posts

Default Re: 5-speed, tpi and steeroids... hope it runs (Flareside)

You will definately be busy for sure, just train your boxers to get the beer for you. I think if I buy anymore parts for my vette I maybe moving in with you and helping with your house.
Old 02-28-2003, 10:03 PM
vettery
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Re: 5-speed, tpi and steeroids... hope it runs (Flareside)

I thought I was the only one that overloaded himself! I need to assemble my Chevelle and paint it right after I convert a building to a paint booth (pour slab, add a garage door, and ventilation, replace siding, and roof). In the mean time I need to rebuild the engine in my Nissan pickup for a daily driver to give my Blazer a break (I comute 70 mi/day)(After the Nissan is done the Chevelle gets sold. I have another Chevelle and an ElCamino to restore to replace them both.) While I'm at it I've got to rebuild the chimney on the fireplace and replace the kitchen cabinets (but I'm a bachelor, so maybe that can slide ...). In my free time, the body is coming off of the Vette to correct the previously hidden collision damage (some probably yet to be discovered), rebuild the diff., add off-set trailing arms, convert ta a manual O.D. trans., convert to rack-n-pinion steering, change headers and build some custom side exhausts. Somehow I think the 383, front cap, possibly rear flares, body smoothing, and paint will have wait 'till next year. Oops, I forgot the rear gears, floor shifter, electric door locks and maybe nitrous for the Blazer.

I've always done all of my own work and take a geat deal of pride in it. I can't stand my money going to someone else for things that I can do myself. But I'm going to have to change or I'm not going to finish my projects. Of course there's the saying, "God put me on this earth to accomplish a certian number of things. Right now, I'm so far behind, I will never die!" or something like that. Does any one else have this problem?

Sorry to go on and on. Got carried away.
:nopity
Old 03-01-2003, 11:10 AM
SmokedTires
Le Mans Master

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
Cruise-In III Veteran
St. Jude Donor '05

Man do I know how you feel. It's always a toss up between working on the house or the vette here too :crazy: .
Old 03-01-2003, 11:26 AM
Fevre
Race Director

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Re: 5-speed, tpi and steeroids... hope it runs (SmokedTires)

Proablem with working on the house is that when you're done it doesn't go any faster. :jester

Get notified of new replies

To 5-speed, tpi and steeroids... hope it runs

Quick Reply: 5-speed, tpi and steeroids... hope it runs