C3 Tech/Performance V8 Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Basic Tech and Maintenance for the C3 Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Driveshaft loop?

Search this Thread

Old 02-28-2003, 02:31 AM
PRNDL
Team Owner

Received 46 Likes on 42 Posts

Default Driveshaft loop?

Should I just get the $25 cheapo from Summit? How does it bolt on? Is there an obvious place to install it? (Where exactly does it surround the driveshaft? up near the trans or down by differential? .... wait a sec.... was told the risk was the driveshaft falls off at the front and pole vaults you.. which would imply forward near the trans... any suggestions on what to get and how to install? Thanks.. MJ
Old 02-28-2003, 04:20 AM
Twin_Turbo
Race Director

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Default Re: Driveshaft loop? (MNJack)

http://www.dragvette.com

EDIT: I thought these guys had driveshaft loops too, guess not :(

[Modified by Twin_Turbo, 4:04 AM 2/28/2003]
Old 02-28-2003, 04:35 AM
aussiejohn
Drifting

Received 20 Likes on 17 Posts

Default Re: Driveshaft loop? (MNJack)

MNJack,
I am a Steward with the Australian National Drag Racing Association, ANDRA, and our rules are based on those of the NHRA. As for driveshaft loops, our Rule Book says that they must be installed within six inches of the front universal joint. It's been a while since I've crawled under my '74, but there's probably room
there. As the tailshaft doesn't move up and down like a live rear end car, you could probably get one custom made that's a bit smaller ( tighter or smaller diameter) than a "normal" one. Hope this helps.

Regards from Down Under

aussiejohn

Get notified of new replies

To Driveshaft loop?

Quick Reply: Driveshaft loop?