C3 Tech/Performance V8 Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Basic Tech and Maintenance for the C3 Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Painting Question on a 1969?

Search this Thread

Old 02-27-2003, 11:27 AM
James
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Painting Question on a 1969?

I getting closer and closer to painting my 69 convertible. Just trying to get all of my prep work done. I plan on painting the car and the doors with the doors off the car of coarse. How much of the area behind where the doors sit in the hinge mounting area gets painted at the top where the windshield pillars come down? It looks like above the top hinge where the weather strip piece comes down from the pillar is not painted the color of the car but is black. Do you mask this off, leave it black, and paint everything else your color? Would someone be able to take a look at there car and see how it came from the factory? Thanks.

[Modified by James, 10:27 AM 2/27/2003]
Old 02-27-2003, 05:39 PM
A C
Le Mans Master

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Cruise-In II Veteran

Default Re: Painting Question on a 1969? (James)

I bet it varies car by car, but on my 69, the whole entire door hinge area is painted from top to bottom.

AC
Old 02-27-2003, 11:49 PM
WATTAC
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Painting Question on a 1969? (James)

The interior portion from the weather stripping is black. The other side is car color. Otherwise you'll see the car color inside the car when the door is closed. I've been told that's the way it was from the factory. That's the way I intend on doing it for my car.

Andy

Get notified of new replies

To Painting Question on a 1969?

Quick Reply: Painting Question on a 1969?