C3 Tech/Performance V8 Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Basic Tech and Maintenance for the C3 Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

HEY MONTY!

Search this Thread

Old 02-26-2003, 04:12 PM
97Z
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default HEY MONTY!

Monty, You may want to check this out. :)

http://web.camaross.com/forums/showt...threadid=85769
Old 02-26-2003, 04:24 PM
OatBoy
Pro

Default Re: HEY MONTY! (97Z)

heh heh heh heh :cheers:
Old 02-27-2003, 06:40 AM
Monty
Le Mans Master

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Re: HEY MONTY!

I hadn't seen that one. at least they were complimentary about it. You'd be amazed at how many posts I see about my car calling it ugly, etc and asking why I would put so much time and effort into a C3. I've always like the Shark body style since I was a kid, but there are alot of people that hate it.
Old 02-27-2003, 06:50 AM
SmokedTires
Le Mans Master

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
Cruise-In III Veteran
St. Jude Donor '05

Default Re: HEY MONTY! (Monty)

Very cool to see Monty's car getting the respect it deserves :hurray: .
Old 02-27-2003, 03:24 PM
Monty
Le Mans Master

Default Re: HEY MONTY! (SmokedTires)

Thanks, but there's also alot of people that have criticized me for wasting this engine in a C3. There are lot of people who think they are ugly.

Here's a sampling of quotes from active threads on some other forums right now...

"that car still needs a new paint job and some interior work done before it looks good, IMO.."

"Well I agree that it needs a paint job however, the interior is just fine. Who needs a tricked out interior when your car isn't even street legal?"

My car is registered and street legal by the way....

"I hate that style...."

"Ack, could he have put it in an uglier vette?"

"tight fit but well done.
a little too much "bling,bling" under the hood for me. "

I still don't know what "bling bling" even means.... but these are just a few samples, and those are from "domestic car" forums. I usuall get ripped pretty good on the import forums too. Another funny thing is people get Steve's and my car confused. There were several posts saying that my car was on eBay a while ago, which it obviously wasn't. I guess alot of people don't get the "sleeper" approach... The diversity is what makes the car hobby so interesting.

Old 02-27-2003, 05:46 PM
Schmucker
Melting Slicks

Bling bling means shiney. They are all a bunch of dumbarses. If anything you are doing it exactly how I would, making it work yourself by yourself.
Old 02-27-2003, 05:51 PM
A C
Le Mans Master

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Cruise-In II Veteran

Monty, the people who confuse your car and Steve's are idiots. Let's see.....one is white, one is black (DUH!), one is small block, the other is big block...one is twin turbocharged fitting under the hood, the other is twin supercharged not fitting under the hood. If you can't tell the difference between these two cars, not only are you a car idiot, you are just a plain idiot. The comments on the body style.....well, that's just personal preference. They don't like the same car we do...oh well.

AC
Old 02-27-2003, 06:33 PM
Monty
Le Mans Master

Default Re: HEY MONTY! (Schmucker)

I don't really care when people think about it or when they put it down, as you said I've built the car myself to please myself. Obviously I'd like people to appreciate it, but some people simply don't like Corvettes, or C3's in particular, or turbos, or SBC 427's, or stock looking cars, etc, etc. Everyone's entitled to their own opinions and preferences.

Steve and I have discussed this several times, but the sad and simple fact is there are alot of people out there that feel it necessary to put others down to make them feel better about themselves. The only thing that bothers me is when someone spreads misinformation around like fact and/or makes statements based on ignorance, like the guy saying it wasn't street legal or whatever, especially when the facts are clearly obvious.

Old 02-27-2003, 11:05 PM
Schmucker
Melting Slicks

I'm sure it would be fine if you did it to a Camaro, right? :rolleyes: A lot of people use the defense that since our cars didn't have a lot of power stock that they are crap. Of course them having a suspension designed for handling at over 100mph doesn't mean much and the fact that they are still a simple Chevy drivetrain that can be modified only to the limit of our imagination. The whole full frame, four wheel discs, and lighter, better, non-rusting body also are downsides I'm sure. Whatever, people doesn't understand. They are the same people that can't understand why we wave at each other because they don't wave at fellow Civic owners.

Get notified of new replies

To HEY MONTY!

Quick Reply: HEY MONTY!