C3 Tech/Performance V8 Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Basic Tech and Maintenance for the C3 Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

carpet behind the seat

Search this Thread

Old 02-26-2003, 03:14 PM
77Dream
Drifting

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default carpet behind the seat

I was going to do the carpet on my car soon and was wondering how it is supposed to look when I'm done. When I got the car the carpet was all but ripped completely out.

What I dont get is the back wall, does it just glue right on to the fiberglass? And in the back corners, I have big gaping holes? How do I cover those?

Pics would be helpfull, its hard to do a job right when you dont know what right is. I did a search and the only pics of the back corners I could find had speakers in them. Is mine supposed to have speakers?
Old 02-26-2003, 03:54 PM
Bobchad
Burning Brakes

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Default Re: carpet behind the seat (77Dream)

Take a look here. http://home.attbi.com/~jchadwick/interior.htm

The back wall has three large plastic screws that I got at the dealer. As I recall the deck carpet goes up, the screws go through the carpet and into holes in the back wall and then covers the holes with wings on each side of the carpet. In fact, in one of the pictures you can see the black screws in the carpet and the wings going back into the corners.

No speakers in the back in a 77.

[Modified by Bobchad, 3:55 PM 2/26/2003]

Quick Reply: carpet behind the seat