C3 Tech/Performance V8 Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Basic Tech and Maintenance for the C3 Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

CC'ing Combustion Chambers?

Search this Thread

Old 02-26-2003, 12:11 AM
bence13_33
Safety Car

Received 26 Likes on 26 Posts

Default CC'ing Combustion Chambers?

I was looking on Jeg's site and they sell a buret that allows you to easily "cc" your combustion chambers but it sells for like $109. Is there anyway I could use just a regular scientific mL buret? Is there a cheaper way to "cc" my combustion chambers then purchasing this from Jeg's?

[Modified by bence13_33, 11:19 PM 2/25/2003]
Old 02-26-2003, 08:11 AM
Pete79L82
Drifting

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Default Re: CC'ing Combustion Chambers? (bence13_33)

Any good buret with close graduations will work. It is best if the buret will hold more than the volume of the head but sometimes that is difficult on big blocks because most burets are 100cc's which is smaller that a big block chamber. If that is the case then first put in 50cc's in the head and refill the buret and then finish cc'ing the chamber.

You will also need a piece of ridged clear plastic, somethng like Lexan, to seal the chamber. It only has to be big enough to cover one chamber at a time. You can generally get a small piece at most glass shops. The key is that it is rigid. Should be at least 1/4" thick and 1/2" would be better. You will need to drill a small hole in the plastic about the size of the tip on the buret.

Put a light coat of grease around the edge of the chamber to seal it, making sure none is going in the chamber, and stick the plastic on the head. Make sure the head gasket surface is level and fill the chamber until all the air bubbles are out and that is the amount of cc the head is. The key is precise readings and not spilling any fluid as you fill the chambers so your results are accurate.

Before you start you will have to have the spark plug and the valves you are going to use installed in the head as different valve shapes will change the chamber volume.
Old 02-26-2003, 08:15 AM
PatsLs1vette
Le Mans Master

Received 15 Likes on 12 Posts

Default Re: CC'ing Combustion Chambers? (Pete79L82)

Like pete said thats how i do my heads at home.

Get notified of new replies

To CC'ing Combustion Chambers?

Quick Reply: CC'ing Combustion Chambers?