C3 Tech/Performance V8 Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Basic Tech and Maintenance for the C3 Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Has anyone bought heads from Air Flow Research in the last 2-3 months?

Search this Thread

Old 02-25-2003, 08:20 PM
no_radio
Drifting

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Has anyone bought heads from Air Flow Research in the last 2-3 months?

Just wondering what the delivery times are like. I am getting mixed reports, would like to hear your experiences.
I am planning on getting AFR 190 part number #1015 (straight plug, 68 cc chambers). AFR says they have the castings on the shelf and only need to do the CNC work and assembly, about 3-4 weeks.
What are your experiences?
Thanks,
Jeff
Old 02-25-2003, 08:38 PM
90 droptop
Melting Slicks

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Has anyone bought heads from Air Flow Research in the last 2-3 months? (no_radio)

This won't help but, I bought mine a year ago and it took them a week to build them and I went and picked them up in person.
Old 02-25-2003, 09:13 PM
71roadster
Burning Brakes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Re: Has anyone bought heads from Air Flow Research in the last 2-3 months? (90 droptop)

Thats interesting. I bought mine from a outside source and it took 12 friggen weeks to get some lousy hand ported jobs instead of the CNC I expected. Sent those back and I have been waiting a almost two months and still no heads :mad I'm gonna call him tomorrow and lay into him. Make sure you buy your stuff straight from AFR. You wont save a dime getting them anywhere else.

Chris
Old 02-25-2003, 09:39 PM
Xracer
Safety Car

Default Re: Has anyone bought heads from Air Flow Research in the last 2-3 months? (no_radio)

What ever the wait is it will be worth it.
Old 03-02-2003, 11:51 AM
The Money Pit
Melting Slicks

Received 96 Likes on 80 Posts

Default Re: Has anyone bought heads from Air Flow Research in the last 2-3 months? (Xracer)

Mine took about 4 weeks,and they drilled the steam holes for the 406.That was back in June of last year.Well worth the wait.I had previously ordered ProAction 220's and after 3 months of hearing they should ship by...........,I canceled the order and went with AFR.Can you just imagine any warantee work with having to ship the heads back to New Zealand?
Old 03-02-2003, 12:13 PM
Aaron-74
Drifting

Default Re: Has anyone bought heads from Air Flow Research in the last 2-3 months? (The Money Pit)

Jeff, what you need to do is call Kyle, and tell him you want green cash, and you'll take care of getting the heads since obviously he's not able to do it..and get a lawer to scare him. He's jerking you off bad..plus he's already got his end of the deal, so he's jst ganna keep jerking you around. :bs

Aaron

Get notified of new replies

To Has anyone bought heads from Air Flow Research in the last 2-3 months?

Quick Reply: Has anyone bought heads from Air Flow Research in the last 2-3 months?