C3 Tech/Performance V8 Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Basic Tech and Maintenance for the C3 Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

OUTSIDE DOOR HANDLE?

Search this Thread

Old 02-25-2003, 08:18 PM
77BlueL82
Racer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Default OUTSIDE DOOR HANDLE?

Does any know if the spring that gives tension to the door handle rod can be bought by it self. The spring is attached to the bottom of the door handle. I don't mean the spring that holds the outside part up.
If I knew how to post a picture on the site it would help. :confused: :confused: :banghead: :flag :flag :flag :flag
Old 02-25-2003, 08:20 PM
Alwyn678
Team Owner

Received 146 Likes on 128 Posts

Default Re: OUTSIDE DOOR HANDLE? (77BlueL82)

I bet it can is the handle not coming up to the top?? the rod may be bent or out of line
Old 02-25-2003, 08:29 PM
77BlueL82
Racer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Default Re: OUTSIDE DOOR HANDLE? (Alwyn678)

What is happening is the rod is binding because it's moving. There is no tension on it. :mad
Do the new door handles have that spring? :confused:
One day I went for a ride, stopped at a sotre, shut the door thinking I could open the door from the passenger side, lock got stuck on the passenger side. To about 20 minutes to get the passenger side open. :mad :cuss :cuss
Old 02-25-2003, 08:35 PM
Alwyn678
Team Owner

Received 146 Likes on 128 Posts

Default Re: OUTSIDE DOOR HANDLE? (77BlueL82)

What is happening is the rod is binding because it's moving. There is no tension on it. :mad
Do the new door handles have that spring? :confused:
One day I went for a ride, stopped at a sotre, shut the door thinking I could open the door from the passenger side, lock got stuck on the passenger side. To about 20 minutes to get the passenger side open. :mad :cuss :cuss
My door was stuck shut for three weeks I had to break in by removing the door panel from the inside with the door shut.Turns out I needed a complete new locking mechanism...Pulled it out replaced it straightened out the rod and it works great

Get notified of new replies

To OUTSIDE DOOR HANDLE?

Quick Reply: OUTSIDE DOOR HANDLE?