C3 Tech/Performance V8 Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Basic Tech and Maintenance for the C3 Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Should I just forget about this, or keep pestering them about it. Corvette dealer!

Search this Thread

Old 02-25-2003, 08:12 PM
Toy4Two
Safety Car

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Should I just forget about this, or keep pestering them about it. Corvette dealer!

I bought my Vette from a Corvette dealer in Ohio around the 1st of Oct. After recieving the car, I noticed the counsel cushion/arm rest was missing. There was one pictured in the ad when I bought the car. I asked about it in Oct., again in Nov. and just the other day. Still no arm rest! And this latest email from them just pissed me off. See the BOLD in his email. The one I thought was in it. Grrrrrrrrrr, look at the pics buddy, there's one in there when you sold me the car!!! There were other things missrepresented that I can't do anything about, so I guess I'm trying to get this out of them.
It's a small item, and I should probably just forget about it. But I payed for it, and I should get it. JMO! What's yours, keep trying or forget about it.
"Todd, I still have you in mind...haven't had much if any of those era-Vettes in stock recently to "borrow" one out of....Still don't have a clue what happened to the one that you thought was in it. Parts have scaled back huge, as we are losing our parts manager, so ordering has somewhat stopped. If we get one in, or I can get one out of another car, I will gladly send it to you. Hope everything else is well for you this winter; been a bad one here.....Take care! "

[Modified by Toy4Two, 1:13 AM 2/26/2003]

[Modified by Toy4Two, 1:14 AM 2/26/2003]
Old 02-25-2003, 08:16 PM
77Dream
Drifting

Default Re: Should I just forget about this, or keep pestering them about it. Corvette dealer! (Toy4Two)

keep pestering, he will give in.
Old 02-25-2003, 08:20 PM
joe73vette
Melting Slicks

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Re: Should I just forget about this, or keep pestering them about it. Corvette dealer! (77Dream)

do you still have the picture from the ad to send him a copy? he is probably hoping you will get tired of pestering him. joe
Old 02-25-2003, 08:57 PM
greatgonzoglenn
Racer

Default Re: Should I just forget about this, or keep pestering them about it. Corvette dealer! (Toy4Two)

Keep pestering. It is a shame that they won't take the time to get you a new one. I know if it were my business, I would want return customers. Imagine how upset the next guy will be when he gets a vehicle with missing parts if he sends one out of another car to you. I'd be pissed. He needs to make it right. Remember? The customer is ALWAYS right.....yeah right ! :flag
Old 02-25-2003, 09:05 PM
SmokedTires
Le Mans Master

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
Cruise-In III Veteran
St. Jude Donor '05

"Todd, I still have you in mind...haven't had much if any of those era-Vettes in stock recently to "borrow" one out of.... "
:skep:

Is this suppose to make you feel better :mad ? Find someone who offers this and then see how he wants to handle it.

IMO, keep pestering !
Old 02-25-2003, 09:14 PM
OHSIXX
Team Owner

Support Corvetteforum!

Received 258 Likes on 172 Posts
2021 C2 of the Year Finalist - Modified
C2 of the Year Finalist - Modified 2020
C2 of Year Finalist (performance mods) 2019
St. Jude Donor 03-'04-'05-'06-'07-'08-'09-10-'11-'12-'13-'14-'15-'16-'17-'18-'19-'20-'21-'22-'23-'24

Default Re: Should I just forget about this,

It is no biggy. I would move on for peace of mine. :skep:
Old 02-25-2003, 09:38 PM
bamavettes
Melting Slicks

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I would move on and forget it. Looks like you got a nice car.

Old 02-25-2003, 11:15 PM
MidShark
Melting Slicks

Received 275 Likes on 143 Posts

Heck, no, don't let it slide! That is no different than if they took the steering wheel off when they sold it to you. It was part of the deal! I wonder who got the cushion he "borrowed" out of your car? For the life of me, I can't understand why they can't buy and send you a $50 part and keep you happy after you've spent thousands of dollars at their dealership! :mad
Old 02-25-2003, 11:18 PM
Toy4Two
Safety Car

Default Re: Should I just forget about this, or keep pestering them about it. Corvette dealer! (MidShark)

Heck, no, don't let it slide! That is no different than if they took the steering wheel off when they sold it to you. It was part of the deal! I wonder who got the cushion he "borrowed" out of your car? For the life of me, I can't understand why they can't buy and send you a $50 part and keep you happy after you've spent thousands of dollars at their dealership! :mad

:iagree: :iagree: :iagree: :iagree: :iagree: :iagree:
Old 02-25-2003, 11:37 PM
BeachinVette
Drifting

That is a $39.95 part anywhere. I would keep pestering him but I would go ahead and buy one then you won't be getting pissed when he sends stupid emails back to you. then when you get one from him sell it on the forum or ebay.

Bob

Get notified of new replies

To Should I just forget about this, or keep pestering them about it. Corvette dealer!

Quick Reply: Should I just forget about this, or keep pestering them about it. Corvette dealer!