C3 Tech/Performance V8 Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Basic Tech and Maintenance for the C3 Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Q-JET primary side vacuum break lever missing

Search this Thread

Old 02-25-2003, 08:00 PM
71DropTop
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Q-JET primary side vacuum break lever missing

I was just told by a friend that this is missing and I don't remember seeing it when the new rebuild arrived. I know it wasn't on there when I took the carb off for the first time sat. after originally installing it a couple of months ago!!!
or did I loose it sat while taking it apart?????????? nothing suprises me anymore... I HATE THESE CARS.................................... ........................... :rant: :rant: :rant:
Old 02-25-2003, 09:09 PM
lars
Tech Contributor
Support Corvetteforum!

Location: At my Bar drinking and wrenching in Lafayette Colorado
Received 4,920 Likes on 1,929 Posts

Default Re: Q-JET primary side vacuum break lever missing (71DropTop)

I'm not sure which bracket you're referring to as a vacuum break lever... there is a vacuum break diaphragm that has a rod running up to the secondary airvalve. Some Q-Jets have a second rod that hits the choke intermediate shaft or the fast idle cam - others use the secondary airvalve rod to hit the fast idle cam. This acts as the vacuum break. Can you shoot a digi-pic of the choke side of your carb? I can tell you what, if anything, you have missing, and I can send you whatever part you're missing out of the Forum Donor Parts pile.
Old 03-01-2003, 10:06 PM
lars
Tech Contributor
Support Corvetteforum!

Location: At my Bar drinking and wrenching in Lafayette Colorado
Received 4,920 Likes on 1,929 Posts

Default Re: Q-JET primary side vacuum break lever missing (71DropTop)

I have a new Secondary Airvalve Rod for you laying on my workbench. E-mail me your address and I'll mail it out to you:
V8FastCars@msn.com

Get notified of new replies

To Q-JET primary side vacuum break lever missing

Quick Reply: Q-JET primary side vacuum break lever missing