C3 Tech/Performance V8 Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Basic Tech and Maintenance for the C3 Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Effingham Annual Corvette Funfest

Search this Thread

Old 02-24-2003, 08:14 PM
Mighty Mouse
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Effingham Annual Corvette Funfest

I am considering going to the Effingham Corvette Funfest in Illinois this year and would like to know if anyone has made the journey before. Would you go again? Pro's and con's? Any info would be appreciated. Thanks,

:auto:
Old 02-25-2003, 03:36 AM
AlwaysWave
Le Mans Master

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cruise-In III Veteran

Default Re: Effingham Annual Corvette Funfest (Mighty Mouse)

I've been to two in the last 5 years. It can be a lot of fun. You'll be with a few thousand other Vettes. Personnally, it's about a 4 hour walkaround for me, and then it's time to go. Some people stay 2 days, I don't know about that. That's like watching the same movie 9 times in a row. But MidAmerica does put on a very clean well run get together. If you want a weekend destination, I'd say you'll enjoy the stop.
Old 02-25-2003, 07:47 AM
Neo Fender
Drifting

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Default Re: Effingham Annual Corvette Funfest (Mighty Mouse)

I went last year with some other members from our club. I think they had somewhere around 6,800 Corvettes there for the weekend.

PRO - free food, poster, T-shirt and toilets if you pre-register ($10.00 if you don't).

PRO - You may get the chance to see a few rare Corvettes that you don't normally see elsewhere.

CON - 99.994% of the aftermarket and apparel merchandisers cater to the C4/C5 crowd.

As biltogo said, after four hours, your pretty much done. Beyond that it's more of the same. It's only a two hour drive for me but I won't be going back any time soon.

Get notified of new replies

To Effingham Annual Corvette Funfest

Quick Reply: Effingham Annual Corvette Funfest