C3 Tech/Performance V8 Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Basic Tech and Maintenance for the C3 Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Hydro matic Brake System

Search this Thread

Old 02-24-2003, 08:14 PM
Aaron76
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Hydro matic Brake System

I see these adds for a Hydrolic brake booste system for our cars that are about 400$
But from what I can see all these components are already out there. My friend just bought a 84 Chev truck that I think once was a Deisel but I am not sure. Any how he poped the hood and asked me what THAT was and he was refering to a Hydrolic brake booster.

Would any of you happen to know possibly if we could get this stuff from the salvage yard and build this up for ourselves.
Just an idea to save some money.
TTFN
Old 02-24-2003, 09:55 PM
Paul in Warren
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: Hydro matic Brake System (Aaron76)

Aaron,
There is no question that, with the correct amount of skill and equipment, you could also "wittle up" a billet aluminum 700 cube big block for yourself out of a raw billet! Until then, we offer a direct bolt in system that has had all the bugs worked out of it and works like a dream. If you really wanted to, of course you could "mod up" your own system. Most guys like to keep the hair on the top of their heads though, as opposed to ripping it out by the handfull trying to figure out how to make something work. :smash:
Old 02-24-2003, 10:21 PM
Zane
Racer

Default Re: Hydro matic Brake System (Aaron76)

The 4X4 guys do it all the time. Look at some 4X4 forum's for more info. I have a International Scout and they have a parts list of parts I need to find from other cars and what to do to make them work. Maybe if you find out what fits and works you can post it here for all of us :) P.S. I think some of the 70's Cadillac's have them. Its a GM product so it just might fit :yesnod:

[Modified by Zane, 8:29 PM 2/24/2003]
Old 02-24-2003, 10:35 PM
Paul in Warren
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default WARNING !!!

Just remember that you are playing with fire here! :nono:

Assuming you manage to cobble a system together, keep this in mind:
One wrong move could not only cause a loss of braking, but also a loss of steering! Under the worst of circumstances, you might as well "bend down between your legs and kiss your butt good bye". :blueangel:

In these tough times, I can truly understand wanting to save a buck or four, but unless you REALLY know what you're doing - proceed with caution...

[Modified by Hydratech Braking, 3:36 AM 2/25/2003]
Old 02-24-2003, 10:38 PM
Zane
Racer

Default Re: WARNING !!! (Hydratech Braking)

Do a web search on the word "HydroBoost" :D :D :D :D
Old 02-24-2003, 11:23 PM
Aaron76
Pro

Default Re: WARNING !!! (Hydratech Braking)

Just remember that you are playing with fire here! :nono:

Assuming you manage to cobble a system together, keep this in mind:
One wrong move could not only cause a loss of braking, but also a loss of steering! Under the worst of circumstances, you might as well "bend down between your legs and kiss your butt good bye". :blueangel:

In these tough times, I can truly understand wanting to save a buck or four, but unless you REALLY know what you're doing - proceed with caution...

[Modified by Hydratech Braking, 3:36 AM 2/25/2003]
if it was only a buck or two I would not mind and I understand that your system is tested and verified but up here in canada 395.00 is about 600.00 canadian before you apply Brokerage shipping and lets not forget our wonderfull Sales tax of 14.5% on top of every thing. They get you coming and going.

As far as my ability goes I am no expert and don't profess to be one however I do know my way around cars and Mine would not be on the road today if I was to hire out all the work.
Thanks for the warning I will take it under advisement.
:cheers:

Get notified of new replies

To Hydro matic Brake System

Quick Reply: Hydro matic Brake System