C3 Tech/Performance V8 Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Basic Tech and Maintenance for the C3 Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Just got my edlebrock FI unit . Anyone install one on a BB? Looks pretty straitforward

Search this Thread

Old 02-24-2003, 01:39 PM
MELVIN
Safety Car

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Just got my edlebrock FI unit . Anyone install one on a BB? Looks pretty straitforward

I know some guys run them For those that installed them, How do you like it compared to what you had. any suggestions? I like the idea of no lap top use

Prom chip is on the way

its going on my 502/502

I have a L88 hood, so clearece isnt an issue

Harry74, Ill be using that mod for my stock distro for tach drive

What is the world do you use for an air cleaner? Will an open type 14" air cleaner type set up work? Id like to use a 14" open type with KN air filter and KN xtreme lid

Old 02-24-2003, 01:55 PM
Smokehouse69
Le Mans Master

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Cruise-In VI Veteran
Cruise-In VII Veteran

Default Re: Just got my edlebrock FI unit . Anyone install one on a BB? Looks pretty straitforward (MELVIN)

MELVIN,
Check Zwede's home page, I don't know for sure which FI unit he went with on his 71, 454, but he can probably give you some hints.

http://www.corvetteforum.net/c3/zwed.../efi/efi_1.htm

[Modified by Smokehouse69, 12:57 PM 2/24/2003]
Old 02-24-2003, 01:59 PM
Brettmc
Safety Car

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Default Re: Just got my edlebrock FI unit . Anyone install one on a BB? Looks pretty straitforward (MELVIN)

Looks to be a sweet setup. Keep us posted on how it goes. Just by looking on Edels website, the pics look as if a regular air cleaner base will fit. Does it require a return fuel line back to the tank? If so, what are your plans on how to work it?
Old 02-24-2003, 03:13 PM
zwede
Race Director

Received 333 Likes on 255 Posts

Any aircleaner works. The airhorn is the same as a Q-jet/holley carb.

You will have to add a return line back to the tank. Recommend 3/8". I used common HW store aluminum tube and it works great.
Old 02-24-2003, 07:47 PM
Corey_68
Team Owner

Received 387 Likes on 235 Posts

Default Re: (zwede)

I thought aboubt FI'ing the BB, but I can't bring myself to drill a hole in to my hooker sidepipes for oxygen sensors. :crazy:
Old 02-24-2003, 07:58 PM
Aaron76
Pro

Default Re: (Corey 68)

I thought aboubt FI'ing the BB, but I can't bring myself to drill a hole in to my hooker sidepipes for oxygen sensors. :crazy:
:iagree: :iagree: :iagree:
But it is still a tempting idea especialy if I move to some ware that requires smog check.
Old 02-25-2003, 04:51 AM
MELVIN
Safety Car

Default Re: (Aaron76)

Ive got a set of headman coated headers, and I dont have a prob w/drilling a hole for the o2 sensor. You wont see it anyway

The benefits for me outweigh the drilling issue

Ive got a 68, so I already have a return line

Ill let all know
Old 02-25-2003, 06:03 AM
groovyjay
Le Mans Master

Received 169 Likes on 91 Posts

I'm using the Edelbrock (#3550) EFI on my 454 LS6. It's is so different than the carb set up. The throttle response is out of this world. I'm using hi rise hood and I had to modify my air cleaner base (edelbrock elite, triangular) so get the extra clearance needed. I think it's quite tall set up. ANy ways the installation is pretty straight forwad, you just need to figure out the electric harness routing. I just added few holes to the firewall and mounted the ECU under the dash. Let me know if I can help you in anyway.

Jay :cheers:
Old 02-25-2003, 09:09 AM
Harry74
Drifting

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Let me know if there is anything you need. The one thing I would work on is where to put the ECM. With the heat that your 502 is going to generate you might want to consider getting it out of the engine compartment.

Most stock air cleaners will work. The small block low rise unit does not clear the AIC valve on the back of the throttle body, but then that is a really low slung air cleaner. I ended up with the three corner Edelbrock unit, looks cool with the hood up :cool: .

Good luck.

Get notified of new replies

To Just got my edlebrock FI unit . Anyone install one on a BB? Looks pretty straitforward

Quick Reply: Just got my edlebrock FI unit . Anyone install one on a BB? Looks pretty straitforward