C3 Tech/Performance V8 Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Basic Tech and Maintenance for the C3 Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Tilt/Tel Column

Search this Thread

Old 02-23-2003, 08:27 PM
Charlie BB
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Tilt/Tel Column

I am swapping a tilt/tel column for my standard column. I changed the ignition switch since it works in the opposite direction of the standard ignition switch. As a result of that swap, I now have to switch the two wiring harness plugs that go into the switch. The plugs fit but do not have the catch or lock to hold them in securely. Are the plugs available or needed? Any suggestions would be appreciated

Thanks, Charlie
Old 02-23-2003, 11:25 PM
Jim Shea
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 98 Likes on 81 Posts

Default Re: Tilt/Tel Column (Charlie BB)

Something isn't right. The body harness plugs should snap into the ignition switch regardless if it is a standard or T&T column. If I remember correctly the latch tabs are on the bottom (between the switch and the column) on the T&T column switch. They are on the top when you reverse the plugs and snap them into a standard switch.
Old 02-24-2003, 05:27 AM
Love My 72 and 77
Drifting

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Re: Tilt/Tel Column (Charlie BB)

Jim is correct they will fit upside down and they only go in one at a time one goes kinda over the other and are clipped in where you cant see very well between the switch and column. You are just looking at it funny I did the same thing on my secong swap it kinda scared me

:steering: :steering: :steering:

[Modified by Love My 72 and 77, 10:28 AM 2/24/2003]

Get notified of new replies

To Tilt/Tel Column

Quick Reply: Tilt/Tel Column