C3 Tech/Performance V8 Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Basic Tech and Maintenance for the C3 Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

OT Idiot light

Search this Thread

Old 02-23-2003, 03:38 PM
rdrman
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default OT Idiot light

Anyone know how low the lvoltage has to be beforee it will trigger an idiot light? My jeep has no gages,only that darn light and it seems as lights,fans,...etc seem to follow the engine speed :confused:
Old 02-23-2003, 04:41 PM
Stoge
Race Director

Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts

Default Re: OT Idiot light (rdrman)

If you're tough enough to handle 100 replies of people telling you 100 different reasons each why you should not own a Jeep (:rolleyes: ), post this over in Off Topic. Someone over there will know.

Try posting anything good about a Jeep or a Ford over there and they will make you look like the stupidest person in the world.

[Modified by Simon Alexander, 3:42 PM 2/23/2003]
Old 02-23-2003, 11:26 PM
LAvetteman
Safety Car

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
St. Jude Contributor

Default Re: OT Idiot light (rdrman)

Battery lights normally don't operate on voltage but amperage instead. If your system is charging and your light illuminates even a little, check your grounds and install additional grounds. I had a salvaged vehicle do this to me before plus many other problems. A very very good mechanic taught me a thing or two about grounds. You would be surprized what all kinda wierd things electricity can do when things are not on the up and up.

Get notified of new replies

To OT Idiot light

Quick Reply: OT Idiot light