C3 Tech/Performance V8 Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Basic Tech and Maintenance for the C3 Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Recovered the Build Sheet. Experts Chime In Please

Search this Thread

Old 02-23-2003, 07:46 AM
foundvettelifeisgood
Melting Slicks
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 183 Likes on 86 Posts

Default Recovered the Build Sheet. Experts Chime In Please

It's almost all there, but extremely hard to read. Here's what I can make out. With a little help about what it might say, I could probably make out some more:

Date received 71/10/15
Order # XGF 577
Zone 12
Dealer 090
Standard Engine
Rear Axle 3.08 Ratio
Base Transmission

Under Comfort & Con. it says:

F. Hub
R. Hub:confused:

Power windows
Front springs
Rear springs
Engine emission identified?
F70x15 White lettered tires
AM/FM Pushbotton Radio
Tire Pressure Sticker?
__________ Axle Ratio
Saddle Leather Custom Interior

I can't read much else. Is it possible I have a 3.36 optional ratio? Anyone know how the Option Code numbers translate? They are not RPO #s.
Old 02-23-2003, 08:01 AM
Larry B.
Le Mans Master

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Re: Recovered the Build Sheet. Experts Chime In Please (foundvettelifeisgood)

The previous owner had removed mine and it was in a plastic bag. Lots of little pieces... I was able to read the important stuff,luckily. I scanned it into a photo program and played around with the enhancement feature with a little success. I think a professional may be able to extract some stuff you can't read. I may do that with mine.. I'd like to know the dealer code.
Old 02-23-2003, 08:06 AM
69shark
Melting Slicks

Location: Godspeed Mikey Hogsmak Invitational Spring Skyline Drive Corvette Cruise
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cruise-In I Veteran
Cruise-In II Veteran

Default Re: Recovered the Build Sheet. Experts Chime In Please (silvervetteman)

I scanned it into a photo program and played around with the enhancement feature with a little success. I think a professional may be able to extract some stuff you can't read. I may do that with mine.. I'd like to know the dealer code.
Thats what I did also, except I had a forum member do the enhancement for me. I can now print out a coy anytime I need to.
Old 02-23-2003, 08:26 AM
SEE3ER
Le Mans Master

Received 41 Likes on 25 Posts
St. Jude Donor '21

Default Re: Recovered the Build Sheet. Experts Chime In Please (69shark)

print out a "coy"? :lolg: :lolg: :lolg: :lolg: :lolg: :lolg: :lolg: :lolg:
Old 02-23-2003, 09:19 AM
foundvettelifeisgood
Melting Slicks
Support Corvetteforum!

Can you post it or email it to me? I'd like to see a legible one.
Old 02-23-2003, 12:32 PM
foundvettelifeisgood
Melting Slicks
Support Corvetteforum!

Default Re: Recovered the Build Sheet. Experts Chime In Please (foundvettelifeisgood)

ttt
Old 02-23-2003, 02:31 PM
ken markusa
Instructor

Lets see if i can help in the column marked option no. the options read 2VJ50AA which is is power brakes just dump the 2V and the AA and you get the J50 power brake RPO as an example. As far as the rear axle ratio the option number is ZQ9 which is the performance option depending on engine/transmission combo, the rear end will be stamped either AX or LR for a 3:36 AW for a 3:08 although ican't remember where the stamp is. The engne emissions is for the engine compartment decal base/LT-1/454/ZR-1/ California etc. The tire pressure sticker is just that As far as F. Hub R. Hub i can't remember (seems to be a reoccuring theme in old age :lol: ). Hope this helps.
Ken :cheers:
Old 02-24-2003, 05:18 PM
gliot1
Safety Car

Received 1,488 Likes on 771 Posts
St. Jude Donor '12-'13

I mangaed to get mine out a few weeks ago.....a couple of hours of work without removing the tank. With the gas tank filler "rubber" out, a parts grabber, thin metal and two fingers I extracted about 80% (the onyl pieces missing are in the center; probably a nice globe of gule there). I am able to make out almost all options/build numbers, the paint codes and the most legible one:
The dealer delivered to.
I was able to read it a little better using a copying machine and enlarging and playing with the copy density. A magnifying glass helped too. I found a full list of options on the internet and one by one figured out my options fully. Being a '78 Pace, the dealer was the most important as each dealer only got one. Unfortunately, the dealer was bought out and the new dealer only keeps records 7 years back. If they are still around/alive, I hope to stumble on the orignal owner. If anyone out ther knows who bouth the '78 Pace from Gourley Chevy in Sewickley, PA, I would sure love to know! :chevy :chevy :chevy
Old 02-24-2003, 06:51 PM
69shark
Melting Slicks

Location: Godspeed Mikey Hogsmak Invitational Spring Skyline Drive Corvette Cruise
Cruise-In I Veteran
Cruise-In II Veteran

Here it is

Old 02-24-2003, 06:54 PM
69shark
Melting Slicks

Cruise-In I Veteran
Cruise-In II Veteran

Default Re: Recovered the Build Sheet. Experts Chime In Please (SEE3ER)

print out a "coy"? :lolg: :lolg: :lolg: :lolg: :lolg: :lolg: :lolg: :lolg:
Oh trying to be coy I see :p: :p:
Old 02-24-2003, 08:06 PM
foundvettelifeisgood
Melting Slicks
Support Corvetteforum!

Thanks for sharing. Your's is in the same state as mine.
Old 02-24-2003, 11:23 PM
69shark
Melting Slicks

Cruise-In I Veteran
Cruise-In II Veteran

Thanks for sharing. Your's is in the same state as mine.
Thanks, My car was actually purchased from a dealer in Manchester,CT and is still in business. Right after I bought it and got it home I started researching the history and was able to get a copy of the original invoice from the dealer :eek: :D
Old 02-24-2003, 11:31 PM
MYPET70
Advanced

Wish mine looked that clean and clear.... I felt like Indiana Jones taking mine out...
Old 02-24-2003, 11:35 PM
BSiegPaint
Safety Car

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
St. Jude Donor '06-'07

Sent you EM - I have a nice copy of my sheet, but it's too much of a PITA for me to post it here! Hope it goes through - if a file's too large, my carrier won't let it go - let me know if you don't get it and I'll send a lower res version.
Old 02-24-2003, 11:36 PM
74 vert
Melting Slicks

Location: Where are the Smoky Mountain Cruisers? Not Correctly Restored Stingray
Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Default Re: Recovered the Build Sheet. Experts Chime In Please (gliot1)

How difficult would it be to drop the tank out to get to the document? Man, I would be disappointed if a lot of effort yeilded nothin'.
Old 02-24-2003, 11:36 PM
77Dream
Drifting

Here it is

Under comfort & con. what is the "SPEED WARNING INDICATOR" is that a stupid way of saying speedo?
Old 02-24-2003, 11:43 PM
BSiegPaint
Safety Car

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
St. Jude Donor '06-'07

Default Re: Recovered the Build Sheet. Experts Chime In Please (74 vert)

How difficult would it be to drop the tank out to get to the document? Man, I would be disappointed if a lot of effort yeilded nothin'.
First make sure your sticker is there - pull back the rubber surround on the gas neck and check. Mine wasn't there - it was stuffed up under the dash between the speedo and the tach. Way up top, so I didn't see it until I took the gauges out. I've heard of other locations, too - the tank is the most common.

Get notified of new replies

To Recovered the Build Sheet. Experts Chime In Please

Old 02-25-2003, 05:41 AM
foundvettelifeisgood
Melting Slicks
Support Corvetteforum!

Default Re: Recovered the Build Sheet. Experts Chime In Please (BSiegPaint)

77, I believe the speed warning indicator is an extra needle in the speedo that you set for the top speed you want to go. If your foot gets a little heavy and your main needle surpasses your setting, a little buzzer goes off to remind you you're having too much fun.

Bob, thank you for the zip file. I'll try to open it, but I haven't had luck in the past with zip files.

74, if the sticker is on the gas tank, you're best off removing the spare tire carrier--both the well and the top. Once that is out of the way, you can simply reach up and pull it down. The best way to get it out without damaging it would be to go to the trouble of dropping the tank, which doesn't look too difficult.

Indiana Jones, mine was covered with 1/16 inch of silt that felt like velvet and looked like ground cinnamon. I put it on the garage floor and swept it with a dry broom. I felt like Dr. Leaky.

:lol:
Old 02-26-2003, 12:14 AM
74 vert
Melting Slicks

Location: Where are the Smoky Mountain Cruisers? Not Correctly Restored Stingray
Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

I might try this soon. I can't do it this weekend. 'cause I just filled her up yesterday with a full tank of gas. :conehead
Old 02-26-2003, 12:15 AM
69shark
Melting Slicks

Cruise-In I Veteran
Cruise-In II Veteran

Default Re: Recovered the Build Sheet. Experts Chime In Please (77Dream)

Just wanted to let you guys know this is a copy of my build sheet, my tank sticker was to far gone to be of any use. The copy of my build sheet actually was found by accident when I took my frame to have it dipped/stripped, it came out of the hole in the frame where the steering box attaches :eek: :D

Quick Reply: Recovered the Build Sheet. Experts Chime In Please