C3 Tech/Performance V8 Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Basic Tech and Maintenance for the C3 Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

My darn clutch linkage Arghhh!

Search this Thread

Old 02-22-2003, 07:40 PM
Clink69
Drifting

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default My darn clutch linkage Arghhh!

Well I decided to try and figure out, again tonight, why the clutch pedal seems so hard to push. An earlier post today brought to my attention the fact that theres a Jerk on the Z bar. Never new that... Thought maybe that was the reason the pedal was tough, so I decide to lube it. Well heres where the trouble starts. Zerk is on bottom of Z bar between two header tubes. :cuss NO way that grease gun will fit. So I go and buy a bunch of different Zerks at Pep boys. Tried a 90deg, no way, then a 45...Try puttin that thing in there between 2 header tubes and screw it in..Funally after an hour with 2 fingers reaching around the Zbar and 1 finger from the other hand holding it in place. Well I get it in there and I cant pump the gun and hold it on the fitting, so I get my son to help. Put him on as the fittin holder. He says its on so I pump away about 15 times. Go to the top and theres about 1/4 cup of grease on the headers, in between the tubes :mad . No I decide to tighen the fitting, well to keep a long story from getting too long, the grease went in. Made NO differnce. :cuss

So I finally decide to disconnect the Clutch fork rod so clutch doen't come in to play. Pedal moves like air...

Problem, if there is one, is in the fork, bearing or pressure plate...

Any thoughts why this thing is so hard to disengage?? By the way clutch works fine, just hard to push.

sorry for the long RANT
Old 02-22-2003, 08:17 PM
A C
Le Mans Master

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Cruise-In II Veteran

Default Re: My darn clutch linkage Arghhh! (Clink69)

What kind of pressure plate is it? I had the old three finger type and was shocked at the difference when I switched to the plate with fingers around the full circumference. Real light pedal feel and very good grabbing of the clutch. :yesnod:

AC
Old 02-23-2003, 12:43 PM
Clink69
Drifting

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: My darn clutch linkage Arghhh! (A C)

What kind of pressure plate is it? I had the old three finger type and was shocked at the difference when I switched to the plate with fingers around the full circumference. Real light pedal feel and very good grabbing of the clutch. :yesnod:

AC
I think it is the standard multi fingered Centerforce II. It wasn;t so hard when first installed though, just recently became hard to push..
Chris

Get notified of new replies

To My darn clutch linkage Arghhh!

Quick Reply: My darn clutch linkage Arghhh!