C3 Tech/Performance V8 Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Basic Tech and Maintenance for the C3 Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

What's happenig? Please read

Search this Thread

Old 02-22-2003, 06:39 AM
Larry B.
Le Mans Master

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default What's happenig? Please read

There seems to be a quite a few people leaving the forum. lately.. Does anyone else see this trend?. It seems to have something to do with a few small issues. I have nothing but good to say about my experiences and the people I have met. I know we all have different personalities but that's life. You have to expect a few jerks anywhere you go. Those people ALWAYS win when YOU leave...Those of us that have been here from the beginng have seen a few people try to ruin a great forum from time to time. All I can say to those leaving is WHY? I do not read every post so maybe I missed something along the way but here's something to consider.. And I say this from a few years (and currently) as V.P of an international hobby group that has members in 35 countries as well as a bi-monthly Magazine ( we have had similar problems with a very few individuals).. Some people just like to "stir the pot" and then watch... If you know what I mean. Since it is impossible to edit every post, for obvious reasons, the members that participate must audit themselves. This is very easy actually... Just address the topic.. without attacking the person who posted it. By doing that.. You can have debates of sort with out having to insult, degrade or embarrass anyone. Read your post and response before you post, Think about HOW you have said something. Try to remember ... This is a GREAT Corvette site. Let's keep it that way.
Old 02-22-2003, 07:08 AM
'79ProwlerOrange
Safety Car

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: What's happenig? Please read (silvervetteman)

who has left? :confused:
Old 02-22-2003, 07:17 AM
Jughead
Senior Member since 1492
Support Corvetteforum!

Location: Just because I'm paranoid doesn't mean people aren't out to get me...
Received 152 Likes on 118 Posts
St. Jude Donor '09

Default Re: What's happenig? Please read ('79ProwlerOrange)

who has left? :confused:

Yeah I missed it too. It's been one of those weeks where I haven't been on the forum as much. I know a bunch of FCR guy left for another forum.

As far as the attitudes & smart azzes go, when I get wise guy replies in my posts I usually ignore them & move on. Their remarks are then de-fused. Acknowledging the remarks only adds fuel to the fire. :yesnod:
Old 02-22-2003, 07:54 AM
SuperFast80
Race Director

Default Re: What's happenig? Please read (1970 Stingray)

67HEAVEN and Mac left a couple of weeks ago over yet another dispute with a pot stirrer. 67HEAVEN was one of the best members here ever. His REPRINT series was one of the best things about this section. Mac was a very knowledgeable owner who had an understanding of the older Vettes that he was always willing to share. They are now at corvetteactioncentre and our loss is their gain. :nonod:

I love this forum but there are pieces of poopie that always rise to the top of the bowl that sometimes make it a tough proposition to hang around here.
Old 02-22-2003, 08:00 AM
OkeeGuy
Safety Car

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i notice a LOT of new members but i hadnt noticed anyone leaving...
except dave threatening us with it and then he couldnt go thru with it! :lol: :jester
which is great because he has a lot to offer too... :yesnod:
thanx for stayin dave... :)
Old 02-22-2003, 08:03 AM
Tele_Man
Pro

I'm a relatively new member (just bought my first Vette a few months ago), but I appreciate this forum very much. You guys have been very helpful to me, and as my knowledge grows I'll be happy to share it with others. I may not log into this site everyday, but I try to check it several times each week - and I have no intention of leaving permanently.
Old 02-22-2003, 09:09 AM
78Vette-SA
Le Mans Master

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Default Re: What's happenig? Please read (Tele_Man)

I've been on this forum for about 4 years now and still enjoy it. It is sometimes dissapointing when I see some people trying to help and others come in and flame or rag them out because they don't agree with the other person. That's to be expected though.

The C3vsC4vsC5 discussions or the Chrome Bumper vs Rubber Bumper Shark topics ussually go bonkers so I tend to stay clear of those.

This is stilll the best place on the internet to get information. Some will leave because they can't play in the sandbox together, and new ones will come with new ideas. Personally I think that's great as it stirs the pot and offers new suggestions, opinions, commentary and humor.

My .01 :auto:

[Modified by 78Vette-SA, 9:10 AM 2/22/2003]
Old 02-22-2003, 09:18 AM
Tominator
Drifting

Default Re: What's happenig? Please read (SuperFast80)

Really sad to 67HEAVEN go he seem to have very good imput on things. :(
Old 02-22-2003, 09:22 AM
Xracer
Safety Car

Default Re: What's happenig? Please read (78Vette-SA)

I've been on this forum for about 4 years now and still enjoy it. It is sometimes dissapointing when I see some people trying to help and others come in and flame or rag them out because they don't agree with the other person. That's to be expected though.

The C3vsC4vsC5 discussions or the Chrome Bumper vs Rubber Bumper Shark topics ussually go bonkers so I tend to stay clear of those.

This is stilll the best place on the internet to get information. Some will leave because they can't play in the sandbox together, and new ones will come with new ideas. Personally I think that's great as it stirs the pot and offers new suggestions, opinions, commentary and humor.

My .01 :auto:

[Modified by 78Vette-SA, 9:10 AM 2/22/2003]
:iagree:
Old 02-22-2003, 10:18 AM
Mystery Machine
Drifting

Differences in opinion are what make the human race interesting. Not to say that makes it OK to mouth off and generally be a jerk but as humans we have to understand that we are all different and if we don't like what someone else is saying or doing then all we have to do is stop paying attention to them. In some extreme cases the best way to accomplish this is to remove ourselves from the situation as some individuals have done. Although I hate to see that happen, it may have been their only choice.

I hate to see anyone leave this site as it is a wonderful forum and generally everyone here seems to be genuine and honest and helpful. I do agree that if we have problems with others that we need to curb our aggresive feelings and give each other the benefit of the doubt.

Peace and chicken grease my friends!
:cheers:
Old 02-22-2003, 11:00 AM
J75
Racer

Default Re: What's happenig? Please read (Mystery Machine)

Some leave that may not want to,as in George. :sad: Sure miss his rantings at times,found him quite entertaining even if he was a :troll :lolg:
Old 02-22-2003, 12:23 PM
Robert N
Melting Slicks

Default Re: What's happenig? Please read (J75)

QUITE a few have left and many more are spending more time away from here. There are several reasons for the migration and only one of which is a roque member stirring up trouble. If that was the only reason, they would still be here.
Old 02-22-2003, 09:08 PM
JB
Melting Slicks

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
St. Jude Contributor
Default Re: What's happenig? Please read (Robert N)

Well, I post here a lot less than I used to. Had a nasty experience with someone who didn't like a post I made (not a particularly obnoxious post, either), and sent email threatening a lawsuit to the people I work for. Kind of soured me on the place.

JB

[Modified by JB, 9:31 PM 2/22/2003]

[Modified by JB, 9:55 PM 2/22/2003]
Old 02-22-2003, 09:32 PM
'79ProwlerOrange
Safety Car

Default Re: What's happenig? Please read (JB)

I busted my hand this week, so i havent been posting as much :D 67 heaven was a cool member. i would think that if you leave this place its not because of one member, it would be because of a few, or because you just arent having fun anymore. i know i wouldnt let one member get to me that much. but then i dont know what went down soooo.... :(
Old 02-22-2003, 11:14 PM
WhyFly
Instructor

I'm a relatively new member to the forum..about a year or so now.. a real newbie compared to some. I gotta say it's been a real pleasure to be a part of such a great group. Think about it, regardless of the year of Corvette you drive, you are amongst a select few... They' re cars folks..just cars.....
Enjoy the simple pleasure of driving them, learning from others that own them, and respecting the priviledge of being able to tap in to a base of knowledge that a few short years ago...didn't even exist. People come.....
people go...lets just everybody try and respect each others opinion..and their right...to share it..while we're here.....Respect All....Do No Harm ..Why Can't We All Just Get Along...It's Just A Thought...
......:blueangel:
Old 02-22-2003, 11:19 PM
Aaron76
Pro

perhaps they are not gone but just away for a wile
It happent to me every now and then I think I went 3 monts with out logging on one year.
Old 02-23-2003, 12:05 AM
vairxpert
Pro

Received 33 Likes on 25 Posts

Default Re: What's happenig? Please read (Aaron76)

I haven't really noticed any big flame wars. If you want to deal with real human trash try alt.autos.corvette

Main reason I disappear from time to time is because of how painfully slow this place has become for a dial in connection.

I've disabled signatures which made a big difference, but there's still people who insist on sticking HUGE pictures of their cars embedding in the text of every single one of their posts. They can't comprehend that is what signatures are for. I know I can disable graphics all together but it's a pain then to reconfigure when someone posts a worthwhile picture of a problem, part or new vehicle.

It just gets very annoying at 56K.

Get notified of new replies

To What's happenig? Please read

Old 02-23-2003, 12:19 AM
Pedro'74
Melting Slicks

Default Re: What's happenig? Please read (vairxpert)

I haven't been around too much lately, but it seems that there was a big exodus from the FCR and C1-C2 forums. Some people were not happy with the administration of CorvetteForum, and migrated to another site... Hope this trend stops, and doesn't reach the C3 forum... I love this place!

-Pedro
Old 02-23-2003, 12:35 AM
LAvetteman
Safety Car

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
St. Jude Contributor

Default Re: What's happenig? Please read (Pedro'74)

I looked into what happened as far as I could. Supposedly 67, said his goodbyes in a section called the "boneyard". Where is this place and why can't I read it???????
Old 02-23-2003, 12:55 AM
A C
Le Mans Master

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Cruise-In II Veteran

Default Re: What's happenig? Please read (71,454,4spd)

The "boneyard" is the moderator's corner. That's where the locked posts go before they die. I am pretty familiar with this exodus, as I have been following all of the events. I hope these guys come back and post. I am pretty sure they still read the threads. It's not the site they have a problem with, it's just one person. Just remember guys, this is a hobby...it's supposed to be fun, not stressful.

AC

Quick Reply: What's happenig? Please read