C3 Tech/Performance V8 Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Basic Tech and Maintenance for the C3 Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

rear corvette letters

Search this Thread

Old 02-21-2003, 10:50 PM
74 vert
Melting Slicks

Location: Where are the Smoky Mountain Cruisers? Not Correctly Restored Stingray
Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Default rear corvette letters

I'm attempting to put on my rear corvette letters and guess what the pins the stick through the back fiberglass do not protrude far enough to enable me to screw on the acorn nuts. Has anyone ran into this problem. What should I use to adhere the letters on, glue? What have you guys used if you ran into this problem?

Old 02-21-2003, 11:38 PM
Crash Dummy
Safety Car

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
St. Jude Contributor
Default Re: rear corvette letters (74 vert)

I glued the side "Stingray" back on my '69 I had years back as the prongs had broken off. Thinking I even used Superglue. Luckily there was still a long enough nub to locate the emblem and I stabbed it with real care knowing it wasn't going to come off after it was on too long. I've seen a many a vette with crooked "S T I N G R A Y" letters on the back... the only way they get that way if they weren't glued that way by someone.

My question is why they will not go back on? Did you just paint the car?
Old 02-22-2003, 11:46 AM
74 vert
Melting Slicks

Location: Where are the Smoky Mountain Cruisers? Not Correctly Restored Stingray
Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Default Re: rear corvette letters (bgrice)

The car was repainted when I bought it. I suppose the paint placed some thickness in the letter area. All the letters pins go into the holes, the pins just don't protrude enough throught the fiberglass to enable the accorn nuts to screw onto the pins. I guess, I head to the hardware store sometime this weekend.

Get notified of new replies

To rear corvette letters

Quick Reply: rear corvette letters