C3 Tech/Performance V8 Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Basic Tech and Maintenance for the C3 Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

700R4 and Tremec transmission crossmember adapters "Purch"

Search this Thread

Old 02-21-2003, 04:27 PM
CDaniel525
Melting Slicks

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Default 700R4 and Tremec transmission crossmember adapters "Purch"

I just got off the phone with someone at BTO. I called last week about one of these for installing my Tremec after someone told me that only had one left. They said they might replicate them and they would call me back when they made a decision, but regardless I was getting the last one. Well i just got off the phone with them again, and they told me they are going to make some more of these. Just figured Id let everyone know in case they wanted to go this route and thought they were all gone.
Chris
[Edit] They told me they were called a purch. not sure how to spell it though.

[Modified by 74VETTE, 4:27 PM 2/21/2003]
Old 02-21-2003, 08:14 PM
Gordonm
Race Director

Received 754 Likes on 464 Posts

Default Re: 700R4 and Tremec transmission crossmember adapters "Purch" (74VETTE)

Hmmm Chris I'll let you be the tester on this. I want to see it when it is all done.
Old 02-22-2003, 12:32 AM
Schmucker
Melting Slicks

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Re: 700R4 and Tremec transmission crossmember adapters "Purch" (74VETTE)

What exactly is it? Just a different bracket that goes on the transmission to support the rear transmission mount?
Old 02-22-2003, 10:05 AM
fauxrs
Le Mans Master

They told me they were called a purch. not sure how to spell it though.

[Modified by 74VETTE, 4:27 PM 2/21/2003]
I would imagine that "Perch" would be the spelling as in 'Birds perch in trees"

Glad you were able to get one, I was the one who got the next to the last and posted in your thread. Also Its a good thing that they are going to make a few more, it seems to me the price point is better on these than the crossmember they make, @ $80+ the price is outlandish and the crossmember is $100 more - but if it means I dont have to fabricate anything - then I am all for it.

What exactly is it? Just a different bracket that goes on the transmission to support the rear transmission mount?
Spot on! - its a modified bracket that relocates the trans mounting points to match that of the 700r4 - which coincidentally is incredibly close to that of the Tremec TR3550 and TKO. its $$$$$$$$$ for what you get, but eliminates having to do your own fabrication, which is good if that kind of thing isnt possible for one reason or another.

[Modified by fauxrs, 7:08 AM 2/22/2003]
Old 02-22-2003, 01:14 PM
CDaniel525
Melting Slicks

Default Re: 700R4 and Tremec transmission crossmember adapters "Purch" (Gordonm)

You got it Gordon :yesnod:

Schmucker....looks like fauxers answered your question :thumbs:

fauxrs.....i definitely agree that its much easier and cheaper than having to modify the frame to make it work on a 4spd frame....im glad they considered making more for others tho.

Get notified of new replies

To 700R4 and Tremec transmission crossmember adapters "Purch"

Quick Reply: 700R4 and Tremec transmission crossmember adapters "Purch"