C3 Tech/Performance V8 Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Basic Tech and Maintenance for the C3 Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Can someone shed some light on the GM P/Ns?

Search this Thread

Old 02-21-2003, 03:22 PM
PartTimeGenius
Melting Slicks

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Default Can someone shed some light on the GM P/Ns?

In my search for a working NOS 1979-1982 antenna assembly, I've had numerous sellers try and pawn everything under the sun off on me. I'm currently looking at a package that might be the answer, but I'd like confirmation on what these P/Ns are: 22048589, 22029562 & 22038652. The seller said they make up the entire assembly.
If this turns out to be one of GM's interminable replacements for the original set up, let me know how much modification it would take to make it fit my '80. I've heard some GM replacement P/Ns require taking out half the interior out just to wire 'em up, and I'm trying to avoid that.
Thanks!
Old 02-21-2003, 03:43 PM
Avette4me
Le Mans Master

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Cruise-In VIII Veteran

Default Re: Can someone shed some light on the GM P/Ns? (PartTimeGenius)

Hey PartTimeGenius,

I don’t know about the original GM part numbers, but I know that you can get an entire antenna assembly from most of the catalog companies (Mid America, etc.) that will install easily and are affordable. Providing you don’t have wiring problems, the furthest you will have to chase wires is to the top of drivers side fender well, inside. It will require you to take out the rear speaker, pull part of the carpet back, and pull a grommet where the wire goes out to the antenna.

Even though I’m not answering your question, I hope this helps ya.

Quick Reply: Can someone shed some light on the GM P/Ns?