C3 Tech/Performance V8 Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Basic Tech and Maintenance for the C3 Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Parking at school

Old 02-19-2003, 07:07 PM
HcDave1
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Parking at school

Today was my second day of taking full time school and they parking lot was full to the bone. Not a single spot for a mile, so i drive the vette down to the clinic parking were the nurses park (didnt know this at the time) the sign was way down on the other side of the entrance so i didnt see it. Well i come out to play with ym car at break and move it closer because people have left. I get all the way to where i park my car and its GONE!!! and i looked around and tryed to see if it was towed or stolen and i kinda knew it was towed. So i call up a friend and talk tot he cops and they told me were i could pick up the ride. It was towed all the way down like 30 miles away from where the cars were and just sitting in the dirt with oil stanins on it :mad . On top of that for having it in there for a few hourse it cost me 140 bux :mad I didnt waist no time getting my baby back i missed half of my auto body class to go get the car. At least the teacher understood being a vette oner himself.

Well just thought i would share the story with you guys im sure something has happened like this to you guys b4

car is home :D :steering:
Old 02-19-2003, 07:35 PM
Paul L
Team Owner

Received 93 Likes on 91 Posts

Default Re: Parking at school (HcDave1)

Webster's.
Old 02-19-2003, 07:57 PM
apple76
Pro

im sure something has happened like this to you guys b4
Can't say it has... kinda feel bad for ya... :)
Old 02-20-2003, 12:06 PM
adamdinat
Burning Brakes

Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts

Wow! its generally $60 to get towed here and it usually stays in town. Why so far away?
Old 02-20-2003, 12:12 PM
Mystery Machine
Drifting

PArking at colleges/universities has always been a PITA. I went to University of Central Florida (graduated in '96) and parking was a nightmare :eek:

I bought myself a bicycle and rode the one mile from my apt. to school everyday. I didn't own my vette at the time but there's no way I would have driven a nice car and risked parking it there! :nono:
Old 02-20-2003, 01:18 PM
HcDave1
Racer

Default Re: Parking at school (Mystery Machine)

i dont know why it was so much but the fees came out to 120 for towing and 20 for the 2 hour storage. I feel save driving my car to school there is cops all over that parking lot and now i get to park in the tech gurage at school when i get there for my auto body class i get to park right next to the teachers new c5 :smash: :smash: :smash: Im looking forward to that class all the free paint sand paper and materials i want to re do my car woohoo its going RED
Old 02-20-2003, 01:29 PM
77Dream
Drifting

I had an 81 Mustang that was so beat up that no matter where I parked it got towed. :mad Everybody always thought it was an abandond car called a tow truck. It must have got towed at least 10 times before I threw in the towel and traded it to a junkyard for a 351 Cleavland for my 66 stang.

Just thought I'd share.
Old 02-20-2003, 04:04 PM
J75
Racer

Default Re: Parking at school (paul79)

Webster's.
Paul,I have to agree :lolg:
Old 02-20-2003, 04:42 PM
Alwyn678
Team Owner

Received 141 Likes on 124 Posts

Default Re: Parking at school (Mystery Machine)

PArking at colleges/universities has always been a PITA. I went to University of Central Florida (graduated in '96) and parking was a nightmare :eek:

I bought myself a bicycle and rode the one mile from my apt. to school everyday. I didn't own my vette at the time but there's no way I would have driven a nice car and risked parking it there! :nono:
Me too then I got a Motorcyle...Much more fun :cheers:
Old 02-20-2003, 07:01 PM
HcDave1
Racer

Default Re: Parking at school (Alwyn678)

Webster's, saying i cant spell huh... thats not very nice to make fun of someones dissablitys like that
Old 02-20-2003, 07:17 PM
Paul L
Team Owner

It was a little harsh. But you can't spell. But I will certainly not apologize. I find the lack of literacy a major problem in today's society. Young people are simply not trained in the basics of grammar, writing, and spoken skills. And IF you have a disability I will apologize. But if you are just in need of skills upgrading I say go for it with gusto!! Sometimes internet messages are cold and lack meaning; mine included. I do admire people who recognize their personal shortcomings and are willing to meet those challenges. You have seemed to take a step in that direction. As noted, go for it! There will never be any regrets :) .
Old 02-20-2003, 08:59 PM
theandies
Team Owner

Received 741 Likes on 518 Posts

It was a little harsh. But you can't spell. But I will certainly not apologize. I find the lack of literacy a major problem in today's society. Young people are simply not trained in the basics of grammar, writing, and spoken skills. And IF you have a disability I will apologize. But if you are just in need of skills upgrading I say go for it with gusto!! Sometimes internet messages are cold and lack meaning; mine included. I do admire people who recognize their personal shortcomings and are willing to meet those challenges. You have seemed to take a step in that direction. As noted, go for it! There will never be any regrets :) .
AHHHH the California school system at work :lol: :lol: :lol:
Old 02-20-2003, 09:21 PM
427V8
C6 the C5 of tomorrow
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Paul79,
Did you miss your medication today?

HcDave1 may have misspelled a couple of things, but he wasn't trying to insult anyone.

You on the other hand went out of you way to insult him.
Don't be rude.
If you don't like the way someone spells, too bad, get over it.

I'd rather be friends with someone who isn't an **** retentive speller than is a rude jerk.

HcDave,
Towing sucks don't it! Been there done that. Thinking about buying a towtruck!

[Modified by 427V8, 8:28 PM 2/20/2003]
Old 02-20-2003, 09:27 PM
Paul L
Team Owner

Default Re: Parking at school (theandies)

I do not know about California and its education system. But I do know that young people are being severely deprived of basic communication skills in the schools of today. I see and hear them everyday.

Like you know, I wanted a, like you know, ice cream cone, but he, like you know, did not have it, like you know, in f***ing chocolate. So I asked him, like you know, if he had the f***ing thing thing in strawberry. You know what I mean? No, no f***ing strawberry either. What a Dude. And not hip. Wears his pants around his waist and not his F***ing knees. Not cool, Man. Spit, spit on the pavement.

All kidding aside, and I repeat, I wish Dave the best. But do not come to me for a job using this type of language. BTW, "cool" and "man" goes back to Dobie Gillis, circa 1959. La plus ca change, la plus il reste le meme. The f word remains vulgar throughout time in my view.

Old 02-20-2003, 09:34 PM
needforspeed2
Advanced

Default Re: Parking at school (427V8)

427V8- I agree with you 100% :bs
Old 02-20-2003, 09:35 PM
Denmech
Advanced

:iagree:
Hey, perhaps HcDave1 has better things to do than proof read his posts! Like cars and girls! He got his point made!

[Modified by Denmech, 2:44 AM 2/21/2003]
Old 02-20-2003, 09:37 PM
427V8
C6 the C5 of tomorrow
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Default Re: Parking at school (needforspeed2)

Plato said the same thing ( well not about california ), so did your father...

I do not know about California and its education system. But I do know that young people are being severely deprived of basic communication skills in the schools of today. I see and hear them everyday.

Get notified of new replies

To Parking at school

Old 02-20-2003, 09:45 PM
Paul L
Team Owner

I respect your opinion. And expected that type of reponse. I have been fortunate enough to have not required medication in my many years. I wish you good health also. And you spell well. I wish that trait was more prevalent than I have seen recently.
Old 02-20-2003, 10:53 PM
HcDave1
Racer

It’s something I’ve always struggled with, and it will not get much better than it is. I will proof read a few times before I post some things I could catch from typing to fast and trying to get on with my life, that I do have some better thing to do then play around online. Sorry if my spelling is bad but being dyslexic its just something I live with and if I want to be judged and criticized I will just go to a spelling b or school I thought I didn’t need to put up with that stuff here. I’m not mad and I know miss spellings can get on peoples nerves trying to read my posts. I have many talents and spelling isn’t one of them. I talk with proper grammar I just can spell what I want to say. Don’t blame CA schools for the way I am because that has nothing to do with it. Come on now C3 guys should be really nice people. Last time I looked non-of us are perfect. Don’t take this as a personal stab, I’ve notice most the people here are 30+ in age. I just have one question would you make fun of your son who wasn’t up to par with something. I think everyone here would help someone out I know I would. I just think its funny you need to make fun of a kid but whatever. Thanks for the nice words some of you guys. I’m going to be tying up my posts in MS word so I can spell check it before I post.

Thanks again

paul79 - dont worry about it MAN everythig is COOL i dont need your help
:jester

[Modified by HcDave1, 3:58 AM 2/21/2003]
Old 02-20-2003, 11:32 PM
Stoge
Race Director

Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts

Let me interject my $.02 into this thread hijacking.

I went to grade school in the mid 1980's. I learned the english language by phonics. I learned how to spell syllables by sound, then placed series of syllables together to form words. I was an incredible speller during my formal education. I usually won the school spelling bees, etc.

My sister went to grade school in the mid 1990's. Her spelling is awful. I can remember helping her learn to spell, but she didn't have a grasp at the concept of phonics. She learned to spell by memory. She is a senior in high school currently. She has trouble spelling the name of the town she lives in. Conscequently, she doesn't have the writing ablility that I do.

I was always pretty good at writing. I made a 100% in english composition 1 and a 103% in comp 2. It seems like I did pretty well in my business comm classes as well. I believe it all goes back to learning how to spell phonetically. I'm afraid that teaching / learning process is not all too widespread anymore. Trust me, I am NOT gifted. I just had a good education... in the public school system at that.

I never think less of someone who has trouble spelling. I do not always spell well either.

Now then, having said that, I also believe everyone has a learning disability. My disability may have been logic, where sister's was spelling. There is no such thing as a perfect student... and a 4.0 is not a perfect student; just a good one.

One more thing, and I'll step away from the soap box that is currently supporting my dead weight. What we learn in life is all based on our priorities and interests. Someone who is mechanically inclined likely has a lot of interest in transportation, physics, science, etc. Spelling and grammar are not at the top of their priority list. I've met a lot of youth that were considered to be "smart" who did dumb things like put gasoline in a diesel tractor's fuel tank... because they didn't know there was a difference.

Not that any of the above drivel that I typed out makes any point whatsoever, but my point is still that if someone isn't good at something, I will be the last person to point it out to them. Life is too short to get hung up on the minor details...

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Parking at school