C3 Tech/Performance V8 Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Basic Tech and Maintenance for the C3 Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Throttle still sticking

Search this Thread

Old 02-19-2003, 04:03 PM
clem68
Cruising

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Throttle still sticking

mnjack told me to double up on my return sprins witch I did,16.00 for new spring seemed too much Then I put spacers under the air cleaner base to clear linkage.now I'm thinking the carbs are sticking, car hasen't been driven much for seven years,once a monthwith fresh gas. Any suggestions I know nothing about carbs THANKS clem68 :banghead:
Old 02-19-2003, 05:51 PM
Jvette73
Safety Car

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: Throttle still sticking (clem68)

Have you tried disconnecting the throttle cable and working the throttle by hand to see if it sticks? Point being it could be the cable or poor geometry between the cable and linkage hookup. Sometimes when the throttle opens it moves the center line between the cable and the housing attachment to bracket. Raising or lowering the cable housing hold down could help.
Old 02-20-2003, 09:55 AM
Surfer69
Drifting

Received 19 Likes on 12 Posts

Default Re: Throttle still sticking (clem68)

Just want to add, make sure cable end is in right throttle lever hole and check to see if plastic end protector is catching on sleeve, also air cleaner base can catch sometimes. Dont ask how I know these things.

Get notified of new replies

To Throttle still sticking

Quick Reply: Throttle still sticking