C3 Tech/Performance V8 Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Basic Tech and Maintenance for the C3 Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

The following oil companys DO NOT obtain oil from Middle East.

Search this Thread

Old 02-19-2003, 09:33 AM
StrayDog
Safety Car

Support Corvetteforum!

Received 37 Likes on 27 Posts

Default The following oil companys DO NOT obtain oil from Middle East.

Citco, Sunoco, Conoco,Sinclair,BP/Phillips Hess, obtain oil from other than the middle east, :thumbs: I am immediately buying fuel from the above mentioned dealers. :rant: only, :thumbs: if everone was aware of this info ,we wouldnt need middle east oil & they could eat sand. :U the rantings of the Dog...Woof Woof. :steering: :flag
Old 02-19-2003, 09:43 AM
Fevre
Race Director

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Re: The following oil companys DO NOT obtain oil from Middle East. (StrayDog)

Not all true but it seems Hess might be the best choice for you:

http://www.snopes.com/inboxer/outrage/nogas.htm

http://www.snopes.com/inboxer/boycotts/hess.asp
Old 02-19-2003, 09:44 AM
Smokehouse69
Le Mans Master

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Cruise-In VI Veteran
Cruise-In VII Veteran

Default Re: The following oil companys DO NOT obtain oil from Middle East. (StrayDog)

I think that list is suspect to closer scrutiny. My son works for Conoco/Phillips (they merged last year) and I know that they have production facilities in the Mid-East.
The world oil market is pretty much a wide open commodity market, where traders that work for the oil companies bid on oil and natural gas from whoever they can get the best spot prices from. It's all in one big pool.

Trying to isolate which companies use Mid-East oil and not buy from them is sort of like trying to not breathe air that came from the Mid-East. It's a nice idea and I wish there was someway of punishing them by not buying their oil, but it just can't happen until everybody quits using fossil fuels.
Old 02-19-2003, 10:04 AM
fauxrs
Le Mans Master

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Besides, I've yet to see one of those anywhere in the western states - certainly not in Southern California. Also if they acquired oil from venezuela then you can be certain they are getting it from somewhere else right now, the most likely culprit being mexico or the middle east.
Old 02-19-2003, 12:46 PM
tshort
Melting Slicks

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts
CI 7-8 Veteran

Default Re: The following oil companys DO NOT obtain oil from Middle East. (Fevre)

Hey, that's cool cause I work for Hess. I'm actaully in Western Africa right now about to go out to one of our rigs and it is like nowhere else I've ever been before.
Old 02-19-2003, 12:50 PM
ZiVvmO
Melting Slicks

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Re: The following oil companys DO NOT obtain oil from Middle East. (Smokehouse69)

Trying to isolate which companies use Mid-East oil and not buy from them is sort of like trying to not breathe air that came from the Mid-East.
:lol: :lol:

i know i have an anti middle-east-air filter :D
Old 02-19-2003, 12:51 PM
jrzvette
Safety Car

Location: The reason time exists is so everything doesn't happen at once
Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Default Re: The following oil companys DO NOT obtain oil from Middle East. (tshort)

Smokehouse69 is right, oil is oil and the commodities markets make it almost impossible to tell where it really comes from. Unless you can tap into a Texas oil field or the Alaska pipeline and refine it yourself you have no way of knowing the ultimate source.
Old 02-19-2003, 01:57 PM
BSeery
Team Owner

Location: Exiled to Richmond, VA - Finally sold my house in Murfreesboro, TN ?? Corner of "Bumf*&k and 'You've got a purdy mouth'."
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
CI 6-7-8 Veteran
CI-VIII Burnout Champ
St. Jude Donor '06-'10, '13

Default Re: The following oil companys DO NOT obtain oil from Middle East. (6t9l4t6)

Even gasoline in the distribution lines is all mixed. Each company puts in x number gallons at one point, and pulls out x number gallons at the other side. They are not getting just their gas, but what ever gasoline is closest to the taps. It could be any companies gas at that point.
From the local side they pull out the gasoline and then add "their" additives to it as they put it into local storage and into the trucks for distribution locally.
Old 02-19-2003, 11:30 PM
no_radio
Drifting

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

No offense intended, because I know this was posted with good intentions, BUT...
Citco, Sunoco, Conoco,Sinclair,BP/Phillips Hess, obtain oil from other than the middle east, :thumbs: I am immediately buying fuel from the above mentioned dealers. :rant: only, :thumbs: if everone was aware of this info ,we wouldnt need middle east oil & they could eat sand. :U the rantings of the Dog...Woof Woof. :steering: :flag
Conoco merged with Phillips, BP bought Amoco, so there are already holes in this story.
The other thing is, as posted already, nearly every oil company in the world buys oil on the open market to process in their own facilities. The interesting thing about this is that BP doesn't necessarily process their own oil...their facilities are buying oil from whoever is cheapest, so if BP is higher they won't even buy their own oil. The fact is that we produce about 1/3 of our own oil. If you plan to cut your oil/gasoline consumption by 2/3, along with everyone else in the US (yeah, right!) then this MIGHT be plausible.
When you let us start drilling off the coast of Florida, California, and in Alaska maybe then you can point fingers at oil companies who buy overseas oil.
But when you think about it, why not use up the foreign oil? There is a limited amount of oil on this planet (although we keep finding more and more as the technology matures). Use up their oil now, and we will really hold the cards when/if ours is the primary/only petroleum left in the world.
Think about all this for awhile...then go do a smoky burnout, just because you can!
Jeff
Old 02-19-2003, 11:35 PM
Smokehouse69
Le Mans Master

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Cruise-In VI Veteran
Cruise-In VII Veteran

Default Re: The following oil companys DO NOT obtain oil from Middle East. (no_radio)

But when you think about it, why not use up the foreign oil? There is a limited amount of oil on this planet ... Use up their oil now, and we will really hold the cards when/if ours is the primary/only petroleum left in the world.
Not a bad idea Jeff! Suck 'em dry and then let them eat sand and rats roasted over burning camel dung. :rofl:

[Modified by Smokehouse69, 11:23 PM 2/19/2003]
Old 02-19-2003, 11:44 PM
gdh
Le Mans Master

Received 86 Likes on 69 Posts

Default Re: The following oil companys DO NOT obtain oil from Middle East. (no_radio)

As long as gas is still cheaper to buy than bottled water there is no real incentive to move away from our reliance on Middle East reserves, and continue to develop better alternative sources of fuel. It bodes for an interesting and expensive summer of cruising.
Old 02-20-2003, 12:04 AM
standup
Drifting

Default Re: The following oil companys DO NOT obtain oil from Middle East. (Smokehouse69)

...I wish there was someway of punishing them by not buying their oil, but it just can't happen until everybody quits using fossil fuels.
We can't stop using fossil fuels! I don't think I can get enough batteries or solar panels into my Vette! :lol:
Old 02-21-2003, 12:41 AM
Magnum '82
Racer

I also recieved an e-mail about this awhile back. BUT, I know locally, we have a "tank farm"(gas storage depot), and the semi trucks load up there, and then deliver the SAME fuel to ALL the different stations. My best friend used to drive a fuel truck from there, so that's where I got my info.
Old 02-21-2003, 05:47 AM
Mystery Machine
Drifting

Interesting. The only Hess station is quite a distance from my home though.

Get notified of new replies

To The following oil companys DO NOT obtain oil from Middle East.

Quick Reply: The following oil companys DO NOT obtain oil from Middle East.