C3 Tech/Performance V8 Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Basic Tech and Maintenance for the C3 Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

How do the Dual Spalls attach to the Radiator?

Search this Thread

Old 02-18-2003, 11:01 AM
xrated
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default How do the Dual Spalls attach to the Radiator?

I purchased the Dual Spall kit from Dewits and am very happy. I would like to know how to attach the aluminium fan surround to the rad? Do i use self tapping screws? Do the fans go in the middle of the rad or are they offset to one side?
Old 02-18-2003, 01:38 PM
Deslok
Pro

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Default Re: How do the Dual Spalls attach to the Radiator? (xrated)

I used the self-tapping screws (with a small pilot hole drilled).

Also, I centered the fans. With them to one side, the shroud on the fans hits the upper A.

Mine actually came with the fans attached, aligned to one side. Found out the hard way that it needs to be centered.

Des
Old 02-18-2003, 05:00 PM
Smokehouse69
Le Mans Master

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Cruise-In VI Veteran
Cruise-In VII Veteran

Default Re: How do the Dual Spalls attach to the Radiator? (xrated)

It is safest to take the radiator out and drill two very small pilot holes in the top and bottom "U" shaped channel that runs across the top and bottom of the radiator core.
The difficult part of this is that you won't be able to tell where to drill the holes until you fit the fans and radiator in the car. It is a very tight fit to get the fans in front of the left (American Drivers side) upper A-arm. You have to hold your mouth just right when slipping it in place, after it is in place it fits perfectly. After you get it in place, then mark through the holes in the aluminum brace, on to the flat "U" shaped channel.
Then remove the radiator and drill the holes, then put the radiator and fans back in (remembering to hold your mouth just right) and hope the holes match with the holes in the aluminum fan mount.
The easiest way is to put the fans in place (remembering to hold your mouth just right) and CAREFULLY drill pilot holes through the holes in the aluminum brackets. Make sure that the drill bit is at the right angle and the bit is as short as possible. If you poke too far through, you might put a hole in the core. So please be careful.

Good Luck!

Get notified of new replies

To How do the Dual Spalls attach to the Radiator?

Quick Reply: How do the Dual Spalls attach to the Radiator?