C3 Tech/Performance V8 Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Basic Tech and Maintenance for the C3 Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

all this talk about a credibility rating system got me thinking...

Search this Thread

Old 02-18-2003, 07:59 AM
OkeeGuy
Safety Car

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default all this talk about a credibility rating system got me thinking...

you know...this makes me think...all this talk about a rating system etc...
there IS a way that we could do the same thing ourselves, without imposing more work and responsibility on the people that run this site...
i think that this is being made to be a more difficult issue to solve then it has to be...it isnt really a big deal...

whataya think of this?
say a member is considering a purchase from me for example...
they could post a POLL...(not just a thread) giving the basics...
then we, the other members, could then vote anomonously (sp)...
unknown...bad risk...good risk...golden...whatever...
and also make comments etc if we so desired about our experiences with that person in the past...
then the poster could maybe be a little more informed when deciding wether or not to deal with somebody here...

sometimes you may not have actually had dealings with this person but
just may "have a feeling" wether you would trust him (or her) or not...
and you vote accordingly...

then...after the deal happens, the poster (or seller)...could post back with a rating of how everything went down...
after a period of time we would all have seen many deals go down and see who is what when it comes to honesty and integrity etc...
and essentialy we would be able to someday run "credit checks" right here amongts ourselves...accurate ones...

i just think that we should do this ourselves instead of pushing this responsibility on the people that run this forum...after all, WE are the ones that might know about a fellow members credibility from past dealings...
and WE are the ones that stand to benefit from such a ratings check...
and we would maybe just feel a little safer sending to a person that we have never met...
whataya think?
for an example on how this might work...go here... http://forums.corvetteforum.com/zerothread?id=495769

[Modified by SIGNGUY, 8:20 AM 2/18/2003]
Old 02-18-2003, 08:11 AM
Avette4me
Le Mans Master

Cruise-In VIII Veteran

Default Re: all this talk about a credibility rating system got me thinking... (SIGNGUY)

Sound feasable to me. I'd only vote on the one's that I had done business with, not on my "feelings" though.
Old 02-18-2003, 08:18 AM
OkeeGuy
Safety Car

Default Re: all this talk about a credibility rating system got me thinking... (Avette4me)

thats cool...at least we're makin some progress towards SOMETHING...
i mean, you could always say something like "ive never dealt with him but i think i would" or something similar...

AND...im just trying to get something possitive going here...if anyone has another idea that they think might work better...speak up!
also...im sure even if my idea is on the right path, it could use some "tweaking"...any suggestions anybody?
Old 02-18-2003, 07:18 PM
OkeeGuy
Safety Car

Default Re: all this talk about a credibility rating system got me thinking... (SIGNGUY)

ttt
Old 02-18-2003, 07:28 PM
SmokedTires
Le Mans Master

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
Cruise-In III Veteran
St. Jude Donor '05

Not a bad idea :hurray: :)
Old 02-18-2003, 07:45 PM
Robert N
Melting Slicks

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Re: all this talk about a credibility rating system got me thinking... (SmokedTires)

I rarely have seen deductions for the 'user ratings'. It would be nice to make the user rating a reflection of business dealings, help, support, etc.

We send an email to the mods, they review it and deduct points according to a formula (have to create that too). The user's rating will reflect this as a percentage.

When clicking on the username (to bring up their bio, etc) it would list all comments about the user that lead to the deduction as well as all positive feedback. That would allow another user to read the comments for him/herself and make an evaluation based on what they read.

The comments and feedback would need to be added by a mod to prevent personal feelings from getting involved.

Only a thought. I had another, but only allowed one per day...it hurts my brain.
Old 02-18-2003, 07:48 PM
71DropTop
Racer

:iagree: :iagree: :thumbs: :thumbs:
Old 02-18-2003, 07:57 PM
Robert N
Melting Slicks

Default Re: all this talk about a credibility rating system got me thinking... (71DropTop)

P.S. I would be happy to help create a system that the mods could then integrate if they are interested.
Old 02-18-2003, 07:59 PM
Michael Tucker
Burning Brakes

signguy here is my thoughts on the problem of people getting burned.
let me know what you think.
say you post something and the buyer dont know if he can trust you or not (you never know when a person will fall into bad luck). i will set up a post office box where the buyer can send a money order to you but to my box with a stamped envelope with no address on it. I hold the money order until both parties are in an agreement.
When I get the money order I email the seller to ship the goods and give him/her 3 days to give me a tracking number. If I don’t get a tracking number the end of the 3rd day I will send another email giving 48 hrs to send the tracking number. If no satisfactory response is given as to why the item was not sent I will send the money order back to the buyer in the stamped envelope. If the buyer gets his items and everything is good I will send the check to the seller in the stamped envelope. If the buyer feels the items are not as stated and wants to send them back he/she would have 3 days to send us the tracking. If no tracking number is given I will send an email and give 48 hrs to respond. If no satisfactory response is given the check is sent to the seller. Once the Item arrived back to the seller I would send the money order back to the buyer.
For this I would only ask $1 be sent in the envelope to cover me getting a P.O. box and gas going there and back.
If somebody does not want to use the system they don’t have to. On the other hand it could save a member lots of money.
I guess I need to talk to Troy about it. I’m not looking at making anything doing this but I also don’t think that very many people would use it.
Both parties would have to agree to use the system and not to hold anybody responsible if the guidelines are followed. I could do a pole to see what guidlines everybody would follow.
Mike
Old 02-19-2003, 02:00 PM
70PurpleLS7
Burning Brakes

Wow, a free post.... Can see it now, a whole page dedicated to polls in the C3 General Discussion Area with regards to whether or not seller(s) are good/bad. There is enough BS already that I have to muddle thru.

Although your intentions are good, unless a whole new section in added to the C3 Community, I don't think it would be very practical.

Get notified of new replies

To all this talk about a credibility rating system got me thinking...

Quick Reply: all this talk about a credibility rating system got me thinking...