C3 Tech/Performance V8 Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Basic Tech and Maintenance for the C3 Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

A/C rebuild vendor

Search this Thread

Old 02-17-2003, 08:58 PM
Bobbyg75
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default A/C rebuild vendor

Need a lead on a good shop for rebuilding the compressor from my 75 and also to purchase a VIR. Do not notice any A/C vendors supporting this site. Thanks in advance for the leads.
Old 02-17-2003, 09:04 PM
phoenix
Melting Slicks
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Default Re: A/C rebuild vendor (Bobbyg75)

I have a deal if you want it.

I spent $350 last summer on a new VIR and hoses, rebuilt the compressor and retrofit to R134. I installed it, added coolant and it all leaked into the car. My evaporator core was trash. (So is the wiring harness)

So I am pulling everything out and installing Vintage air rather than spending any more money on the original system.

So if you want an installed but not used VIR and hoses that have only seen R134 briefly (in the time it took to leak out of the evaporator) , you got them.

Email me if you are interested. :):)

myunes@massmed.org
Old 02-17-2003, 09:05 PM
shoptek
Melting Slicks

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Default Re: A/C rebuild vendor (Bobbyg75)

Bobbyg75,

If you need a compressor, chances are you would be better off getting a new unit. I have had no luck with rebuilt units. If yours is the long style (A6), they are still being made and are about $300 new. As far as the VIR, I believe NAPA has them. This is a job you don't want to have to redo every couple of years with the cost of parts and refrigerant, especially if you stay with R-12.
Just my .02

Get notified of new replies

To A/C rebuild vendor

Quick Reply: A/C rebuild vendor