C3 Tech/Performance V8 Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Basic Tech and Maintenance for the C3 Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

JASON STALEY Tell Us About The Chassis Flex Results !

Search this Thread

Old 02-16-2003, 10:56 PM
PROSOUTH
Drifting

Location: Manchester, Dead Center in the Middle of TN 25 miles to Jack Daniels,10 miles to Geo Dickle, and .8 mile from the Liquor Store at I-24 Exit 114
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
St. Jude Donor '05

Default JASON STALEY Tell Us About The Chassis Flex Results !

OK now that I have your attention Jason, Please-Please Please-!!!!!!!!! Have you got it yet?

I also have a question from a reply I gave to Mr. Vette tonight. I was telling him about a theory of removing the fuel tank and replacing it with a fuel cell. This would be in conjunction with the spare removal of course. Then place the fuel cell with the top of it even with the rear frame rails. This would drop the tank about 18 or 20 inches down from its stock position.

The tank holding about 20 gallons of fuel X 6.17 lbs per gal should weigh in at about 125 lbs. By lowering the weight position in the car the roll center should be lowered also. Is there any way to get a per cent of center of gravity improvement figure? OK how about an estimated % of improvement?

I looked at it in a perspective of that if you draw a line from the top of the engine straight back across the rear frame rails the majority of the weight is below that line and can not be moved lower within the body except for the fuel tank. I know that all of the stock cars and dirt cars here have their tanks down as low as they can get them to lower their roll center height / center of gravity. will this also help improve handling?

Thanks Jim

:seeya

Quick Reply: JASON STALEY Tell Us About The Chassis Flex Results !