C3 Tech/Performance V8 Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Basic Tech and Maintenance for the C3 Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Trick Flow cam degreeing

Search this Thread

Old 02-16-2003, 09:07 PM
SharkintheWoods
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Trick Flow cam degreeing

I need some help guys... I am in the process of redoing my 80 since it is no longer a daily driver and is now just collecting dust. I am curently installing a Trick Flow TFS-K31401001 camshaft matchedu up with Trick Flow 23 degree aluminum heads. How important is it to degree the cam in versus going with zero degree setting. I have never degreed a cam and have always lined up the marks and went. Please Help!
Old 02-16-2003, 10:26 PM
cardo0
Le Mans Master

Received 373 Likes on 356 Posts

Default Re: Trick Flow cam degreeing (SharkintheWoods)

Just did my Crane camshaft recently. Used a degree wheel and piston stop to verify the Edelbrock timing set marks were right on - exactly. A good quality cam & timing set is usually close enough. It did take me two tries as my first attempt was on the wrong timing mark (dot) on the three way sprocket. Must have covered the correct one up with assembly greese. Found my cam over 100 degrees off - oops. Just a heads up. :banghead:
Old 02-16-2003, 10:41 PM
yellow 72
Le Mans Master

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
St. Jude Donor '09

What your really checking for is tolerance stack up. A degree off on the crank key a 1/2 degree on the cam sprocket yada, yada, can't hurt to check if you have the tools but there are a bazzilion street motors running just fine that were just screwed together "straight up" I doubt if anyone could notice a cam that was + or - a couple degrees anyway :cheers:
Old 02-16-2003, 10:47 PM
Taijutsu
Drifting

Received 25 Likes on 19 Posts

Just curious. What are the specs of a Trick Flow cam designed to go w/ TFS heads?

Get notified of new replies

To Trick Flow cam degreeing

Quick Reply: Trick Flow cam degreeing