C3 Tech/Performance V8 Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Basic Tech and Maintenance for the C3 Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Windshield Motor & Switch.....HELP!

Search this Thread

Old 02-16-2003, 05:38 PM
vetteguy75
Melting Slicks
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 32 Likes on 22 Posts
LA Events Coordinator

Default Windshield Motor & Switch.....HELP!

I replaced a light bulb in the guage cluster. And to get to it, I had to remove the top vent and windshield wiper switch in the dash. When I put it back together, I think...unknowingly...I put the windshield wiper switch in backwards (since it is a 3-prong plug, it could go either way). Feeling good about the gauges, dash, vent and wiper switch fitting perfectly, I went to bed for the night.....

The next morning, I went to work in the Vette and it started to rain (boo!!!) and I turned on the wipers and ALL HELL broke loose....the windshield wiper motor began to scream with a high shrill!! and before I could react, both switch and motor was burned out.

I have since ordered a new windshield wiper motor & switch and was wondering if I, in fact put the plug in backwards. I do not want to make the same mistake again, so-o-o-o I was wondering if anybody can help me with this. Is there a trick to plugging the plug correctly? :confused: Also, was the problem due to the plug being in backwards? :crazy:

Any help would be GREATLY appreciated.......
Old 02-17-2003, 08:34 AM
MYBLU71
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Re: Windshield Motor & Switch.....HELP! (vetteguy75)

I haven't seen the 75 switch, I am presuming it is similar to my 71. There is a tab on one end of the connector that plugs into the switch and a rib on the panel where the switch mounts that are supposed to keep you from plugging it in backwards, however you can bend the pins of the switch up or down (depends on your perspective) and "make it fit" backwards. So, the proper installation would have the tab on the connector away from the rib on the bracket... Hope that helps.

:seeya

Quick Reply: Windshield Motor & Switch.....HELP!