C3 Tech/Performance V8 Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Basic Tech and Maintenance for the C3 Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

New Intake !!!

Old 02-15-2003, 04:32 PM
SmokedTires
Le Mans Master

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
Cruise-In III Veteran
St. Jude Donor '05

Default New Intake !!!

Here's a pic of my new intake I bought :D . It's a pre-production intake that Lingenfelter made for Accel. This should hopefully work well with the new engine that's in the works. I'll be installing 42# injectors for my 600hp goal. I'm really excited about this intake because it's got 4 corner cooling much like the Brodix & Dart intakes I looked at. :cheers:

I've been looking for some time now for an efi intake. I wanted a tunnel ram, but didn't rule out a single plane intake to modify. Edelbrock has a new EFI intake coming out much like this one, but they don't know when it'll be available.

[Modified by SmokedTires, 3:37 PM 2/15/2003]
Old 02-15-2003, 05:01 PM
Twin_Turbo
Race Director

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Default Re: New Intake !!! (SmokedTires)

Oooooh aaah Nice, lemme guess, another ebaymotors score?? :steering: :yesnod: :hurray:
Old 02-15-2003, 05:06 PM
Metal Wulf
Race Director

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Re: New Intake !!! (Twin_Turbo)

:cool:
Old 02-15-2003, 05:15 PM
rainman69
Drifting

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'm not too familiar with EFI setups. What bolts to that nice shiney square hole in the manifold?

Also, Holley just released their new tunnel ram EFI setup in the 35th anniversary Summit catalog (back cover). It looks costly but nice.
Old 02-15-2003, 05:16 PM
SmokedTires
Le Mans Master

Cruise-In III Veteran
St. Jude Donor '05

Default Re: New Intake !!! (Twin_Turbo)

Thanks guys :cheers: .

Oooooh aaah Nice, lemme guess, another ebaymotors score?? :steering: :yesnod: :hurray:
Well sort of, I found a BBC intake similar to this one that Lingenfelter was selling on Ebay, so I asked if tyhey had anything like it for a SBC and they had this one laying around :D .
Old 02-15-2003, 05:20 PM
SmokedTires
Le Mans Master

Cruise-In III Veteran
St. Jude Donor '05

Default Re: New Intake !!! (rainman69)

Rainman I'll be installing a throttle body where the carb would go. Here's a pic of the 1200cfm billet throttle body I may end up using,

I originally was fired up over the Holley Stealth Ram, but found that they ports aren't large enough for whatv I'm trying to do :( . As far as the price, IMO I think it's quite a deal for a whole bolt on package. I'll probably be spending more than that pieceing together my EFI setup.

[Modified by SmokedTires, 4:32 PM 2/15/2003]
Old 02-15-2003, 06:13 PM
gkull
Team Owner

Received 1,326 Likes on 1,056 Posts

Mike - It looks great. Someday i also want to go DFI. IMO you might need to rethink your injector rating. They might be way to big down low. The pulse width has a minimum duration. Up high you can always play with the max rail pressure to make sure that you have enough fuel. My buddy uses 36# with 520 RWHP with a 415 ci ATI blown motor.

What do I know though!
Old 02-15-2003, 06:17 PM
GrandSportC3
Team Owner

Received 83 Likes on 58 Posts
Cruise-In IV-V-VI-VII-VIII Veteran
St. Jude Donor '03, '06, '17

:cool: :cool:
Old 02-15-2003, 09:55 PM
SmokedTires
Le Mans Master

Cruise-In III Veteran
St. Jude Donor '05

Default Re: New Intake !!! (gkull)

My buddy uses 36# with 520 RWHP with a 415 ci ATI blown motor.

What do I know though!
From what I've read so far, 36-40lbs should be ideal for me. According to this site: http://www.sallee-chevrolet.com/Info...Selection.html your friend should be using larger injectors than 36#, but I'm still researching ;) .
Old 02-16-2003, 12:41 PM
73 LS-4
Melting Slicks

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

As gkull said, If you go too large idle will suffer, there is a mimimum duty cycle to an injector, in other words how fast it can open and close. You can think of it as having a bunch of different size glasses going from a shot glass all the way up to a 5 gallon bucket and these represent your fuel needs and differnet RPM's and loads. Now if you go with too large of an injector it's like using a fire hose to fill the glasses without a ton of spillage, as you can see this would be real hard toward the shot glass end of things, you can't open and close it fast enough just for that small amount. Of course when you get to the bucket side of things it works out real well. Now with fuel pressure adjustments you can make an injector act a pound or two bigger or less without changing it's duty cycles. in other words for a given open and closing rate either more or less fuel can be delivered. This works great for an injector that may be a tad small and can have its rail pressure raised enough to act like the proper size but it can still have a real short duty cycle to fill the proverbial shot glass if you will. Of course there are limits to how much line pressure you can run of course. There's also the factor of the quality of injectors. I used to run Lucas green stripes rotary disc style that could go to a much quicker duty cycle then the heavier pintle designs, so you could run an injector that may be slightly too large and still get the idle control needed, but these are normally a bit pricier then the cheaper pintle design.

:cheers:
Pat Kunz
Old 02-16-2003, 01:05 PM
SmokedTires
Le Mans Master

Cruise-In III Veteran
St. Jude Donor '05

Default Re: New Intake !!! (73 LS-4)

Thanks for the info Pat. There are some new Lucas injectors on ebay that I"m considering. Doug Flynn of Holley's EFI department felt that 36-40's should work fine for me, but I don't know if he was referring to the rotating style or the pintle. As I've said, this will be a new venture for me so I still have a lot of time to research as I go forwards. Thanks again, all comments are welcomed :) .
Old 02-16-2003, 01:35 PM
Alwyn678
Team Owner

Received 141 Likes on 124 Posts

SWEET

Get notified of new replies

To New Intake !!!

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: New Intake !!!