C3 Tech/Performance V8 Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Basic Tech and Maintenance for the C3 Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Reconditioning leather seats

Search this Thread

Old 02-15-2003, 08:09 AM
Tele_Man
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Reconditioning leather seats

My '69 car has its original black leather seats. Fairly worn. There's also a 6" tear along one the seams on the passenger seat. I'm not preparing this car for show, but I want it to look nice. What's the best method to recondition these old seats? Is there some way to dye them again and moisturize the the leather? Or should I simply get new seat covers? Please advise.
Old 02-15-2003, 08:52 AM
Tele_Man
Pro

Default Re: Reconditioning leather seats (Ed T)

I checked out website and it seems great. Have you tried these products yourself?
Old 02-15-2003, 10:02 AM
Racer16k
Pro

Default Re: Reconditioning leather seats (Tele_Man)

I've used the Eagle One products on my leather with good results. It seems to hide some of the minor cracks for a couple weeks.
Old 02-15-2003, 07:22 PM
don hall
Safety Car

Received 218 Likes on 172 Posts

Default Re: Reconditioning leather seats (Tele_Man)

You might want to evaluate this vendor. I have used the product, and the results are professional looking. There is no mixing of color, as the dye is GM matched. The repair procedure and dye application is basic stuff. If necessary, you can repair and re-dye the complete seat for a reasonable price. There is no need to purchase the spray applicator, as the foam brushes included with the kit are adequate. http://www.leatherrepairkits.com/

As the cure time for the paste is temperature sensitive, I found it helpful to suspend a "trouble light" (100W bulb) near the work area to accelerate the cure time.

Get notified of new replies

To Reconditioning leather seats

Quick Reply: Reconditioning leather seats