C3 Tech/Performance V8 Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Basic Tech and Maintenance for the C3 Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Baby seats?

Search this Thread

Old 02-15-2003, 04:25 AM
Enkil
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Baby seats?

In the owner's manual for my 81, it says that infant seats can be put into the car sideways, but that a toddler seat cannot. I'm assuming it's because of the shape of the seat and how high the edges are. But the book was written a long time ago, and I was wondering if there was any seat out there we can use in our cars? We have two other cars we can use, but it'd be nice to know I can use mine "just in case."
Old 02-15-2003, 04:12 PM
72GACRZR
Drifting

Received 22 Likes on 14 Posts

Default Re: Baby seats? (Enkil)

Check with your local police department and see if they know of a baby seat seminar. The local law enforcement and TV stations hold one in the Atlanta area every now and then to show new parents and others the correct way to use them. You will see an ad on TV or hear it on the radio. :seeya
Old 02-15-2003, 11:19 PM
C3 Shark Tank
Safety Car

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hope this helps, it's $139.95 at Summit. http://store.summitracing.com/defaul...rchType%3DBoth
Old 02-16-2003, 09:59 AM
scottw
Burning Brakes

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Not sure if you're looking for a infant or toddlers car seat. I put my four year olds seat (same one she has had since she was 2) in the vette all the time with no problems. I wouldn't put an infants car seat in sideways because if there were an accident the angle the baby is at isn't what the seat is intended for.
Old 02-16-2003, 10:20 AM
Red73
Melting Slicks
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts

Default Re: Baby seats? (scottw)

My wife wouldn't let my son ride in the vette until he was three. This is what we used in the vette:

Get notified of new replies

To Baby seats?

Quick Reply: Baby seats?