C3 Tech/Performance V8 Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Basic Tech and Maintenance for the C3 Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Anti Terrorist U.S.A. Spirit booster, need help!

Search this Thread

Old 02-14-2003, 10:57 PM
spokewrench
Pro

Received 58 Likes on 12 Posts

Default Anti Terrorist U.S.A. Spirit booster, need help!

I was just thinking today, after seeing people in my local H-ware store purchasing plastic and duct tape to shield themselves from terrorists' chemical and biological weapons from hurting themselves and their families and I looked into the distant eye of the man in front of me in line and had to bring up the possible war, and he replied, " it is cheap insurance to duct tape my windows and shield my home for my families sake". Sooo I then proceeded to work and hear Howard Stern "not my most favorite person in the world" talking about how a person in Conn. completely wrapped his home in plastic!
I started to fall victim to this terrorist feeling of doom. and then I thought if enough people got together, with positive thoughts about this great country then the terrorists lose! So, I thought if other forum members would help--
What would be a greater boost to our country than have the icon of American automobile "vette" and our flag tied onto everyone of these vettes across the country, say for one weekend , do to boost moral and show these terrorists that we are proud and strong and not afraid of their threats!
Guys and Gals if you think this is a good idea, lets all try to find a good weekend or day to do this! remember I just thought of the idea if you all think it is a good one , then we need some orginization to make it work! :flag :flag :flag We will be flying "old glory " tomorrow tied through the removable rear window of the 70, it will be flying over the rear deck!

All Help and Ideas appreciated! SPoke-
Old 02-15-2003, 03:00 AM
NorthVette
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Re: Anti Terrorist U.S.A. Spirit booster, need help! (spokewrench)

Bud, just by mentioning the possibility of a terror attack has given all terrorists an edge and a feeding ground... F%&k'em! You recognise them, you give them merit, you change your life, your give them reason, you hide in fear, you give them satisfaction! Once again, F%^k then all! :rant:
Old 02-15-2003, 08:46 AM
SlightlyWicked76
Intermediate

I won't be able to participate because I am overseas right now in support of current operations, however I do appreciate the support for our country. I have been supporting it for the last 9 years as a member of the USAF. From the Stans to South West Asia I appreciate the support. My Vette will be in the garage but my support will be with you. Pride in Country Will Conquer All!! Hooah!! :boxing
Old 02-15-2003, 09:05 AM
BeachinVette
Drifting

Bud
Slowly the Patriatism from 9/11 has been shadowed by fear of another attack. The strong willed and minded people have to stand against this growing wave of fear.200 years ago our families stood United and strong. We have let a few "mostly non-Americans" and extreme Left liberals errode our pride for our Country and our resolve to stand up against them. We must get this our strength back. We must stand strong against groups like the ACLU, and other groups that want to take away our symbols of Freedom and Strength. Our military will soon fight and some will die on Foriegn soil They will do this for our freedoms and safety. We must support them here by not only flying our flag as a symbol of our support but we must fight to take back our freedoms and our way of life.Freedom without freedoms is not life as we used to know it. I am 100% with you on Flying old Glory around Florida. Count me in.
Oh Yeah my opinion on the duct tape and plastic,,,,, Well I went out and bought ammo. :flag :flag :flag :flag :flag :flag :flag :flag :flag :flag :flag :flag :flag :flag :flag :flag :flag :flag :flag :flag :flag :flag :flag :flag :flag

[Modified by 76 Red, 9:06 AM 2/15/2003]
Old 02-15-2003, 10:29 AM
spokewrench
Pro

Default Re: Anti Terrorist U.S.A. Spirit booster, need help! (76 Red)

Well, if we can spread the word around the other forums as well, this idea may work!

Spoke
Old 02-15-2003, 11:11 AM
AlwaysWave
Le Mans Master

Cruise-In III Veteran

Look at this website, it takes a minute to load. http://temp.corvetteforum.net/c3/roadfever/index.shtml

Some forum pics here. https://www.corvetteforum.com/events/gallery/albun18

This year we will be taking this flag home to NYC. The plan again is to relay the flag with Corvettes, and Corvettes caravaning flying the Stars & Stripes
Old 02-15-2003, 11:33 AM
spokewrench
Pro

Default Re: Anti Terrorist U.S.A. Spirit booster, need help! (biltogo)

Biltogo-

Yes, this is what I was thinking about, but doing it at a local level, all across the country, say for one day, more than likely a weekend.

Spoke-
Old 02-15-2003, 11:46 AM
AlwaysWave
Le Mans Master

Cruise-In III Veteran

Biltogo-

Yes, this is what I was thinking about, but doing it at a local level, all across the country, say for one day, more than likely a weekend.

Spoke-
That's great :cheers: Why don't we plan the weekend to coincide with the week we drive the flag from Bowling Green to NYC?

[Modified by biltogo, 10:48 AM 2/15/2003]
Old 02-15-2003, 11:49 AM
StrayDog
Safety Car

Support Corvetteforum!

Received 37 Likes on 27 Posts

first off Howard Stern should be rapped in plastic, if your house is put togther right you will be OK, as a matter of fact its warm in the house in the winter, this reflects the cold air is staying outside........there is nothing to worry about...in short order we will kick them in the butt...no one likes war, but that azz hole in Irack will be vaporised by the USA or bumped off by his own people :flag, Semper Fi & full speed ahead.The Dog :thumbs: :flag :thumbs: :flag :thumbs: :flag :thumbs: :flag :thumbs: :steering: save the wave.........
Old 02-15-2003, 11:54 AM
spokewrench
Pro

Default Re: Anti Terrorist U.S.A. Spirit booster, need help! (StrayDog)

Biltogo -
That sounds good, when would that weekend be, and how would we go about getting the word out about this event?

Spoke
Old 02-15-2003, 12:06 PM
AlwaysWave
Le Mans Master

Cruise-In III Veteran

I'm in communications with the mayor's office in NY. They are deciding on a date. I'm guessing it will be in July.

As soon as the date is given, I will make a formal announcement. As for getting the word out, about the weekend, it can be started here with a sticky in national events and then spread the word via Corvette Clubs and the media by people in their local regions.

If your plans were to do this earlier, then I'll support you in helping get the word out. This is not easy, and enough lead time must be given to make it a great event.
Old 02-15-2003, 12:13 PM
spokewrench
Pro

Biltogo
I was hoping to do it a little earlier, since it would be done on an individual
and local level, I think it must be easier to do than the needed orginization for a larger event like the Stars and Stripes- I also was hoping to boost morale of people with all the current gloom lately, I have zero experience in organizing anything like this and maybe we need more time? What is your opinion?
Old 02-15-2003, 12:37 PM
AlwaysWave
Le Mans Master

Cruise-In III Veteran

If you want to see something on a national level, the organizing time will be weeks at least. People have to get notified, enthuised, plans arranged around a local gathering spot, on and on.

The best bet for now is to list out your vision of what would take place. Then send out the idea and plan. Keep the plan liquid at first, because you'll see a lot of valuable input from others.

It can happen, but not overnight.
Old 02-15-2003, 01:17 PM
Cookwithvette
Burning Brakes

What would be a greater boost to our country than have the icon of American automobile "vette" and our flag tied onto everyone of these vettes across the country, say for one weekend
I really like this idea. Could I make one small suggestion... as of right now my car doesn't clear the snow. I don't mind the cold but the snow would need to be gone for me to participate.
Old 02-15-2003, 02:19 PM
Dwayne 76
Melting Slicks

Default Re: Anti Terrorist U.S.A. Spirit booster, need help! (76 Red)

Bud
Slowly the Patriatism from 9/11 has been shadowed by fear of another attack. The strong willed and minded people have to stand against this growing wave of fear.200 years ago our families stood United and strong. We have let a few "mostly non-Americans" ...
Careful :nono: Many Americans, in paticular North Americans do not support the war effort against Iraq, (I assume that that is what most people have on their minds right now), that dosn't mean we don't love the USA. :flag

[Modified by Dwayne 76, 12:21 PM 2/15/2003]
Old 02-15-2003, 02:45 PM
luvmy82
Melting Slicks

Received 21 Likes on 17 Posts
St. Jude Donor '12

Default Re: Anti Terrorist U.S.A. Spirit booster, need help! (Dwayne 76)

Count me in! I have three sons in the military, (two in the Army and one at West Point) and I'd love to send 'em some pictures showing how much we love and support our service men and women and our country! :iagree:
Old 02-15-2003, 03:21 PM
Jvette73
Safety Car

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The news media tends to blow things out of perportion on some issues. He told him, who told him, who told him...and the story gets exagerated or even completly changed from its original intent. But we must all remain aware of our surroundings and report anything unusual or suspicious. As far as the official terror alerts are concerned, they need to be periodically raised and lowered regaurdless of any specific info they athourities may have. If you set the level at orange and leave it there no one will pay it any mind after a while. It will be common practice to lower and then later raise the alert level to keep us all on our toes. I think its a good thing. We can never be to complacent. Also dont believe everything you hear just because it was "on the news". My spirits are high and I stand behind our president and our military men and women. If you see someone in uniform, please thank them for what they are doing.

:flag

[Modified by Jvette73, 2:24 PM 2/15/2003]

Get notified of new replies

To Anti Terrorist U.S.A. Spirit booster, need help!

Old 02-15-2003, 03:44 PM
Denmech
Advanced

[QUOTE]... Careful :nono: Many Americans, in paticular North Americans do not support the war effort against Iraq, (I assume that that is what most people have on their minds right now), that dosn't mean we don't love the USA. :flag

Great, Dont support the USA.....Just dont be looking for our help (as usual) When Iraq supported terrorists try out some biological or nueclear devices on YOUR country!! (Hopefully France) Should we wait to use military action until after we know for certain they have weapons of mass destruction??? It's a little bit harder to negotiate then! :mad

[Modified by Denmech, 8:45 PM 2/15/2003]
Old 02-15-2003, 04:56 PM
Jvette73
Safety Car

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Not to get into a political debate on the subjuct but do any of you see division along party lines with respect to invading Iraq? I seem to sense this a little. I listen to talk radio alot when delivering mail on my route. I hear callers from both sides stating thier viewpoints. Many of the people against invading Iraq express thier view with strong emotions. Emotions are related primarly to feeling. Theres a big difference between "feeling" and "thinking". Emotions and feeling can get in the way of rational thought. Everyone has a right to thier opinion, and in this country, the right to express it. I would like to hear more opinions from both sides that are based on "thinking" and "thought", and fewer on "emotions" and "feeling". Dont feel man!! You gottta think. Intelligence agenceys know considerably more than we do as citizens. There are smart people on both sides. Im confused as to why there is so much difference of opinion down party lines.

[Modified by Jvette73, 3:56 PM 2/15/2003]
Old 02-15-2003, 05:31 PM
BeachinVette
Drifting

Dwayne
I am not particularly talking about the war. I am talking about the terrorist threat and are we willing to fight for our freedoms. I am talking about at home. Our Military will take on what the goverment declares an enemy, My point is the groups that do not agree with our freedoms right here. And some are using scare tactics to fear us into giving up our freedoms or sueing us into it. Those groups and sectors of goverment are what us as citizens need to fight. We need to stand up to those groups as well as wave our flags. I have no problem with people disagreeing with the conflict with Iraq. I am sure everyone will support all the troops that are involved in war if it happens.
I did not mean to make that sound like a pro war statement. I wanted it to sound like a pro Freedom statement.

Bob

Quick Reply: Anti Terrorist U.S.A. Spirit booster, need help!